Author Topic: Plotting problem  (Read 1023 times)

notredave

• Newt
Plotting problem
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »
All,
I have multiple drawings, different size scales on drawings but all either use Sample1 or Sample2 title blocks. If you open attached pdf's, you will see that one border fills up more of the page than the other. I plot/print, using the same options for all drawings. I attached a pic of plot settings. What can I do to make all plotted/printed drawings look the same? I am stumped! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
David

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: Plotting problem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 02:08:12 AM »
The two variants of your title block are not the same proportions. Either change Sample2 to be wider, such that its width to height ratio is the same as that of Sample1. Or have it use a page size which more closely matches its proportions.

There is a way to adjust how plots are stretched in one direction only. But that's a global calibration per plotter, not a setting per page. Not to mention, it would mean your drawing would become equally distorted in one direction (i.e. wider than it should be) or the other (i.e. shorter than it should be). So I would not advise this as you'd then need to redo it when you plot to a Sample1 TB.  :wideeyed:
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.