Author Topic: Changing dynamic block  (Read 1582 times)

notredave

• Newt
Changing dynamic block
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »
All,
Good Monday morning. This week we will be turning around a package with around 80 drawings from issued for approval to issued for construction with date. Most of the drawings will have no comments on them, the only thing I will need to do is update job_stamps block which is a dynamic block, I have attached, from approval to construction and change the date. My question to you, is there any script or lisp file that anyone has come across that will work for me in this case? I would appreciate any feedback or advice. I would also like to point out that every drawing does not have the stamp in the same place and about 6 drawings scattered in the litter only have "for reference only" stamp and does not require changing.
Thank you,
David

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Changing dynamic block
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »
I haven't looked at your block, but assuming the required change is setting the Visibility State, you could run my code from here across multiple drawings using my old Script Writer program.

notredave

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »
Lee,
I appreciate the info but still lost. How do you go about changing the date? I need job_stamps.dwg to change visibility states from "ISSUED FOR APPROVAL" dated 02/23/16 to "ISSUED FOR CONSTRUCTION" dated 03/11/16. Thank you very much for your time and looking at my question, I really do appreciate it.
Thank you,
David

notredave

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »
Lee,

Another question, I am trying to use your script writer routine but my question is how do I make it work on all open drawings? Here at work we use a program call document locator which checks out drawings and puts individual drawings in some columbia software directory. I would like to use wscript in all open drawings. is there a way to do that?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 12:15:46 PM »
You cannot run a script on an open drawing and save since it's readonly.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC