Author Topic: appending text  (Read 3362 times)

ELOQUINTET

appending text
« on: February 18, 2004, 02:54:53 PM »
i have a leader which reads:

16 GA. S.S. PLATE WELDED TO  1/4" S.S. BAR

and i would like it to read as:

16 GA. S.S. PLATE WELDED TO  1/4" S.S. BAR
AND FASTENED TO 3/4" PLYWOOD

is there a way to append the second line of text to the leader globally?

hyposmurf

appending text
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 03:04:50 PM »
Yeh you can by using the find and replace tool add 16 GA. S.S. PLATE WELDED TO 1/4" S.S. BAR to your find box and add 16 GA. S.S. PLATE WELDED TO 1/4" S.S. BAR AND FASTENED TO 3/4" PLYWOOD to the replace box.

ELOQUINTET

appending text
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 03:17:25 PM »
mmm i know about find and replace but we use vertical autostack for fractions and it has problems recognizing them. how do i type in verticalkly stacked fractions so they are found? secondly i would like to have it read just as i wrote it (2 lines) not as a long one line note. any thoughts?

hyposmurf

appending text
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 03:56:13 PM »
You need a lisp I guess.Normally if you enter # or ^ or / in between the text or numbers right click and use the autostack & it will do this,so I doubt you can do it in the standard find and replace,having two seperate lines of text would be just hitting the enter key in effect.Can't help you with the lisp yet though I'm still getting to grips with it. :)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
appending text
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 04:26:12 PM »
16 GA. S.S. PLATE WELDED TO 1/4" S.S. BAR \PAND FASTENED TO 3/4" PLYWOOD
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

daron

appending text
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 04:26:17 PM »
Check how it reads in properties. This is what I get: \H0.7x;\S1/4;\H1.429x;"\H.0.7x;\S3#5;\H1.429x;

See if adding the \S's and #'s will help as well as the size indicators.

ELOQUINTET

appending text
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 04:40:47 PM »
ok kerry that worked great. this brings up a couple more questions then. is there a way to globally unstack fractions. has anyone written a routine similar to find and replace with a zoom to feature. thanks guys for all your help learned some good stuff today