CAD Forums > CAD General

*Cancel* during startup of first document in session.

(1/1)

kdub_nz:
After 40+ years  I thought I'd try to discover why we get a ( or some ) *Cancel* messages during the startup of the initial drawing in a session.

attached are some images of the Console,  LoadedApps and Options.

The message 'AutoCAD menu utilities loaded' originate from the Acad2025doc.lsp ;

Line 574:            (princ "\nAutoCAD menu utilities ")
and line 1093:     (princ "loaded.")

So, sometime after Acad2025doc.lsp is loaded there are several issues that cause the *Cancel* message to display.
It appears that the issue 'MAY' ( assumption ) be related to menus,  ribbons and toolpalettes.

Firstly:   Does anyone know why this happens ?
Second: Is there anyone who hasn't seen these messages ?

Regards,

added: also posted at https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/cancel-during-startup-of-first-document-in-session/m-p/12724323#M1129390

57gmc:
Hi Kerry. I've wondered the same thing...every time I'm troubleshooting a startup issue. But then I forget about it. :-) If you're not an ADN member, I can ask for you.

JohnK:
I can confirm the assumption about the culprit being menus, ribbons, etc.

I tested by:
1. Confirming that `acad2022.lsp` does load `acad2022doc.lsp`.
2. `acad2022doc.lsp` prompts "AutoCAD menu utilities".
3. `accoreconsole` does NOT have the *cancel*'s.
    3a. but that `accoreconsole` does load the `acad2022doc.lsp` (I typed "ai_product_support"--a function defined in `acad2022doc.lsp`--in `accoreconsole`).

kdub_nz:

--- Quote from: 57gmc on April 22, 2024, 10:40:52 AM ---Hi Kerry. I've wondered the same thing...every time I'm troubleshooting a startup issue. But then I forget about it. :-) If you're not an ADN member, I can ask for you.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ed.
I am an ADN member, so I'll ask if I can't get a resolution here or the other place.

Regards,

kdub_nz:

--- Quote from: JohnK on April 22, 2024, 11:34:13 AM ---I can confirm the assumption about the culprit being menus, ribbons, etc.

I tested by:
1. Confirming that `acad2022.lsp` does load `acad2022doc.lsp`.
2. `acad2022doc.lsp` prompts "AutoCAD menu utilities".
3. `accoreconsole` does NOT have the *cancel*'s.
    3a. but that `accoreconsole` does load the `acad2022doc.lsp` (I typed "ai_product_support"--a function defined in `acad2022doc.lsp`--in `accoreconsole`).

--- End quote ---

Thanks John.

Revising the error message and adding logging calls may be a way to isolate the issue.
I may try when I get sufficiently bored.

Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version