CAD Forums > CAD General

Scripting a method to close a DXF without Save As DWG dialog box

(1/2) > >>

CJ:
Hello everyone,

I have created a LISP routine that exports a DXF but now I want to open that DXF and run another function.  What I want is to strip all the Object Data/XData from the DXF before I send the files to client.  I do not want to run this function in my working DWG.

Everything I have read says that scripting is my best choice to open other DWGs from a current DWG, do something, close and move onto the next DWG.  I currently have a Test LISP file (zoom extents) that I can load via a script file and run successfully.  I have gotten the save the DWF to work.  My script is failing at the point where it closes.

It seems that whenever I try to CLOSE a DXF, AutoCAD demands that confirm I do not want to save my work as a DWG, twice!  I have tried the Filedia 0 but it doesn't help.  I cannot find a 'silent' or command-line version that by-passes this dialog box.

Any help with this scripting issues would be great.

dexus:
You can add this to your .scr file for closing the drawing:

--- Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: ---(command "_.close" "_Y")

57gmc:
As soon as you open the dxf, AutoCAD is going to convert it to a dwg. Don't re-open the dxf. Strip the object data from the dwg first, then export to dxf. This will leave the open dwg as a dxf. If you try to close now, you will be prompted to save as a dwg. Instead you can then close the dxf using
--- Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: ---(command "close" "n")

CJ:
Thanks dexus and 57gmc for your input.  After many hours of banging my head and keyboard I got the script to run but now i am struggling with a new issue.  It was opening the second drawing ( I had the first two DXFs open in AutoCAD) then I got the save function working and now for some reason it will not open the second drawing on the list.

Here is the code.  The CZA.lsp is just a sample code for zoom extents.  Batchfileslist is a list of DXFs files in a folder.

--- Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: ---(foreach n batchfileslist     (progn      (write-line        (strcat "_.OPEN \"" (nth acount batchfileslist) "\"")        f      )       (write-line "(setvar 'SDI 1)" f)       (write-line "filedia" f)       (write-line "0" f)       (write-line        (strcat "(load " (chr 34) "cza.lsp" (chr 34) ")")        f      )                                 ; TESTING ONLY       (write-line "(c:za)" f)           ; TESTING ONLY       (write-line        (strcat "_.SAVEAS"        " "      "DXF"    " "      "Version"                " "      "LT2010" " "      "16"     " "      " "                "Yes"               )        f      )       (write-line "filedia" f)       (write-line "1" f)       (write-line "_.CLOSE" f)       (write-line "No" f)       (write-line "No" f)       (write-line "(setvar 'SDI 0)" f)    )     (setq acount (+ 1 acount))   )
Like I said before, the script can open the dxf file, do something to it and close it as a DXF.  I probable have a small error somewhere that causing an error for opening the second.

edit Kerry: add code tags [code=cadlisp-7]
https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=48309.0

57gmc:
You should post your code within code tags and use the lisp format.

In line 5 of the code below, shouldn't "account" be "n"?

--- Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: ---(foreach n batchfileslist     (progn      (write-line   (strcat "_.OPEN \"" (nth acount batchfileslist) "\"")   f      )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version