CAD Forums > CAD General

packagecontents.xml and tool palattes

(1/2) > >>

Shay Gaghe:
Hello,
I am a developer for AutoCAD addons, and I am utilizing the packagecontents.xml mechanism to load my plugin.

My addon includes tool palettes with commands and requires a supporting DWG file.

I've placed the ATC file in \Contents\Resources\ToolPalette along with the necessary supportive DWG file. I'm using the specified syntax in the packagecontents.xml to load them.

--- Code: ---<Components>
<ComponentEntry ModuleName="./Contents/Windows/QuickOutput.dll"  LoadOnAutoCADStartup="True" LoadOnCommandInvocation="True"/>
<RuntimeRequirements OS="Win64|Win32" Platform="AutoCAD*"  SeriesMax="R19.1" SeriesMin="R19.1" SupportPath="./Contents/Resources/ToolPalette" ToolPalettePath="./Contents/Resources/ToolPalette" />
  </Components>

--- End code ---
Can you help me identify what might be missing or incorrect in my approach?

Thanks
Shay

It's Alive!:
this is what I use for one of my applications

--- Code - XML: ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><ApplicationPackage SchemaVersion="1.0" AutodeskProduct="AutoCAD" ProductType="Application" Name="CEXTTableSort" AppVersion="1.1.127" Description="Adds table context menus" Author=""  ProductCode="{A94CD6B7-8D11-4E20-A4ED-575A8A1F61AF}" UpgradeCode="{506AD603-19A9-4453-91FE-1428905915AF}" SupportedLocales="Enu" FriendlyVersion="1.1.127">          <CompanyDetails Name=" Phone="" Url="" Email="" />   <Components Description="2021 to 2023 Parts">    <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*|ADSTPR" SeriesMin="R24.0" SeriesMax="R24.2" />                <ComponentEntry AppName="CEXTTableSort" Version="1.1.127" ModuleName="./Contents/TableSortArx24.arx"           AppDescription="CEXTTableSort" LoadOnAutoCADStartup="True">    </ComponentEntry>     <ComponentEntry AppName="CEXTTableSort" ModuleName="./Contents/CextTableSort.cuix" />          </Components></ApplicationPackage> 

It's Alive!:
BTW, you should see a balloon notification and an entry in the Autodesk app manager

Shay Gaghe:
hi

i cant see where you load your tool palettes

Shay Gaghe:
only when i include this (green highlited) it was added. why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version