Author Topic: Tabs for open drawings - A time saver  (Read 6524 times)

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
Re: Tabs for open drawings - A time saver
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »
Since I was upgraded last week, I have been trying DwgMan by CAELink... so far it seems to do what I need

That's the one I run.  CAELink products are rock solid, and sadly for ADesk DwgMan tabs work better then there offerings.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

phoulx

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »
We can't use the Express Tools version as it ignores the "Save as earlier version" setting and plenty of our clients are on earlier versions.

This is where eTransmit comes in REAAAAALLLY handy.  Just set up a transmittal to save as 2000 or 2004, grab all of the files, push a button and *poof* you've got your drawings (and all supporting drawings) saved as an earlier version.

True, but most of our office is still on 06.  Another reason (s'pose the most important reason) to dumb down my dwgs.

CADaver

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 01:24:53 PM »
We can't use the Express Tools version as it ignores the "Save as earlier version" setting and plenty of our clients are on earlier versions.

This is where eTransmit comes in REAAAAALLLY handy.  Just set up a transmittal to save as 2000 or 2004, grab all of the files, push a button and *poof* you've got your drawings (and all supporting drawings) saved as an earlier version.
DWGTrueView 2008 can convert multiple directories at once.  You can also fiddle with a host of settings at the same time such as setting plotter to "none", replacing page setups, binding xrefs, plus other stuff.  You can overwrite the existing files, or send 'em to a different directory

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »

DWGTrueView 2008 can convert multiple directories at once.  You can also fiddle with a host of settings at the same time such as setting plotter to "none", replacing page setups, binding xrefs, plus other stuff.  You can overwrite the existing files, or send 'em to a different directory

Provided you're allowed to download and install software.