Author Topic: properties in ACAD 2010  (Read 2304 times)

Amsterdammed

properties in ACAD 2010
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:10:23 AM »
I was used that if I double click on an object the property window pops up. But in 2010 it is a single click. Where can I change that setting?

Thanks,

Bernd

JCTER

Re: properties in ACAD 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:50:46 AM »
Are you sure it's the properties palette you're seeing and not the QUICK PROPERTIES palette?

Amsterdammed

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:58:40 AM »
sorry, i wasn't aware of that existence of a "quick property"dialog. it is the smaller one. Can this be set out?

JCTER

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:09:57 AM »
sorry, i wasn't aware of that existence of a "quick property"dialog. it is the smaller one. Can this be set out?

System Variables

QPLOCATION
Sets the location mode of Quick Properties palette.

QPMODE
Sets the on or off state of Quick Properties palette.

-----

I don't use quick properties regularly... I find it obtrusive and unintuitive.  However, there have been times where I needed to record certain data for objects and used it at times, to save from extra clicks in other methods.  Very, very rare, though.  Rare enough that it wasn't worth writing a LISP routine for, even.

However, maybe your processes are different and this may be something you find very expedient in your work.  The other company in our building uses quick properties like it was a direct gift from God Himself and speak no less of it :-D  They do a number of things I find... different... though :)  But it works for them and they do well with it. 

Anyways, just a little warning about just quickly turning something 'off' and forgetting it's existence, rather than maybe giving it a whirl and seeing how it might help you out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:13:14 AM by James Cannon »

Amsterdammed

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 09:13:11 AM »
I need a book for that release, like i had for the others i worked with.

Thanks, that was it.

Bernd

JCTER

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 09:15:46 AM »
I need a book for that release, like i had for the others i worked with.

Thanks, that was it.

Bernd

If it helps, Autodesk does still put out "USER GUIDES" for each release.  You just have to go out of your way to ask for them.  They're still free, they just don't ship automatically, to save costs.  http://www.autodeskdocandmedia.com/  Just enter your information into that site and it'll tell you how many books you're allowed to have.  I think you should have a series of "Flashcards" inside the dvd case for your software, which has information about all the new stuff.  That or a small book about "What's New?" in there.  Maybe both.  My memory's foggy.