Author Topic: Pipe Display in Section View  (Read 8498 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Pipe Display in Section View
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »
I am not saying that the FACETDEV variable should be removed from autocad.

I am saying that if the pipes are circular the application should draw them as such with NO input from the user.
The performance and hardware issues of C3D have nothing to do with my position, and are a totally separate issue.
Circular pipes should be drawn as such unless the user specifically asks the application do do other wise. Period.
Make all the excuses you want, this is an issue the user should never need to deal with.

You folks can't see the absurdity of your own argument....

Hey it's OK if it draws my pipes as random geometric shapes...yeah that's cool with me....is just a lame position to take.
There are other ways they could enhance the applications performance without saddling the user with this issue.

Although I agree it's easier for autodesk to add this little caveat to the help file than actually FIX the problem of circular pipes being drawn as anything other than things that are mostly circular in shape.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dinosaur

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 10:23:04 AM »
I don't know Michael ... this feature may have come in handy the time I had to draw a 6" square wooden water line around Longmont, Colorado a few years back.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »
I don't know Michael ... this feature may have come in handy the time I had to draw a 6" square wooden water line around Longmont, Colorado a few years back.

In which case, I would direct you to use RECTANGULAR pipes from your parts list.   :lmao:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/