Author Topic: Dimension string \X  (Read 2350 times)

rktect3j

Dimension string \X
« on: December 14, 2004, 01:35:02 PM »
I was wondering if anybody else has this problem.  After I dimension something I want to put a note with it such as "verify in field" or something.  So I type at the <>\X verify in field.  All goes well.  The dims are above the string and the note is below it.  OK so now I want to just slightly move the entire text wither right or left of just center.  All of a sudden the dims and text show up in the middle of the dimension string causing the string to disapear for that length of text forcing me to draw an extra line to cover it up and make the dimension string look like a continuous line.  Anyone with a solution to that.

CADaver

Re: Dimension string \X
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 03:00:04 PM »
Quote from: rktect3j
 Anyone with a solution to that.

Yes, our solution was don't move the text.  :cry:

Sorry but that was the best we came up with.

ELOQUINTET

Dimension string \X
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 04:59:30 PM »
yeah i've been butting heads with our head about this as we do glass doors well i cut the detail with viewports then align the text to the top of the door but he wants me to move it and either this happens and sometimes it moves the dimension line. anyway it screws up everything.

CADaver

Dimension string \X
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 05:10:53 PM »
Be aware that you can "move" the text left or right with TEDIT

MikePerry

Dimension string \X
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 05:20:14 PM »
Hi

Have you looked at Non-Breaking Spaces, have attached a simple drawing file showing what I mean -

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/mikeperry/DimensionNonBreakingSpace.dwg?nossi=1

Have a good one, Mike

CADaver

Dimension string \X
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 06:22:41 PM »
Quote from: MikePerry
Have you looked at Non-Breaking Spaces, have attached a simple drawing file showing what I mean -

Stretch that 10000 down to 4500. yuck

MikePerry

Dimension string \X
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 07:30:55 PM »
Quote from: CADaver
Stretch that 10000 down to 4500. yuck

Hi

Simple, remove the no longer required Non-Breaking Spaces.

Have a good one, Mike