Author Topic: Question about a living Drawing... (possibly?)  (Read 1636 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Question about a living Drawing... (possibly?)
« on: July 02, 2007, 09:38:04 AM »
I would like to try to create away to have a base drawing which adds the nescesary details to the base drawing or on another drawing. I hope this makes sense.

For instance, we do site design. In my site new base.dwg. I draw a curb, sidewalk, or inlet collars. Anything, it would be nice to have what i draw by sync'd up to bring a detail of curb, sidewalk, or inlet collar.

I was thinking about doing it by layers, but i'm picking ideas now.

Thanks for your help and brainstorms!
Civil3D 2020

Didge

• Bull Frog
Re: Question about a living Drawing... (possibly?)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »
I'm not quite sure I'm with you, but have you tried,

INSERT -> HYPERLINK ?

You can attach DWG's, Images, PDF's or just about any document to just about any AutoCAD entity.

Think Slow......

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
Lets say, I draw a sidewalk. I want to know if there is away for the lines I drew to sync up with a detail which it inserts into the drawing. somehow.
Civil3D 2020

Strucmad

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 06:19:02 PM »
I think I'm with you, maybe independant layers for each item (footpath,pit,crossover.. whatever) then a routine to
search for those layers , if they exist, then insert appropriate details (blocks), this is beyond my coding but I will interested in other's responses.
cheers paul.

uncoolperson

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 06:56:12 PM »
I think I'm with you, maybe independant layers for each item (footpath,pit,crossover.. whatever) then a routine to
search for those layers , if they exist, then insert appropriate details (blocks), this is beyond my coding but I will interested in other's responses.
cheers paul.

on that, you could create a button that sets each layer type as the active layer, then searches to see if that block has been inserted if not it inserts it.

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:59:42 AM »
seems like we are getting somewhere. Could this help anyone else? and this routine, would be a LISP?

just curious.

Thanks!
Civil3D 2020