Author Topic: Where is it?  (Read 3633 times)

Jeremy

Where is it?
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:00 AM »
I guess I've finally gotten stupid in my old age. I just got a copy of AutoCAD 2012 and am having a battle finding developer information since they've "improved" their help file. I search for "object model" and find the object model chart which has no links to the methods and properties I am looking for that used to be there. I find references to look at the "ActiveX and VBA reference" which is supposed to be under the AutoCAD and VLISP help but I don't see anything that says that. I look under Developer Documentation and find nothing. I type ActiveX and VBA Reference into the Search box and find nothing but other references to look in the ActiveX and VBA reference. I really apologize for being so stupid at not appreciating how things have been simplified for me but could someone kindly tell me where the hell the ActiveX and VBA Reference is so that I can finally use it? :ugly:

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Where is it?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:23:48 AM »
Don't worry, you haven't "finally gotten stupid" - Autodesk removed the ActiveX Reference from versions 2011 onwards. Ridiculous decision if you ask me.

Stefan

• Bull Frog
  • The most I miss IRL is the Undo button
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:57:54 AM »
Or you can find it in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acadauto.chm" . For WIN 7 x64 the path may be slightly different.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 05:59:23 AM »
Didn't know it was still accessible in the later versions, thanks Stefan, I'll remember that for future reference.

Stefan

• Bull Frog
  • The most I miss IRL is the Undo button
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »
I was surprised myself that I found it, even for AutoCAD 2012.
And I want to share something else. Some of original settings  - templates, profiles, Plot Styles, .cuix files etc -are kept under installation folder, in "UserDataCache" subfolder. Thought someone will find this usefull.

Jeremy

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
I'm glad to hear I haven't lost it after all. Jeez, don't they understand that we lispers need that information? I'm about at the point where I want to write my own developer's reference to completely bypass what they have done. In 2005 under Help you could go directly to developer information and now you have to tree your way down several levels plus put up with all the time lags from having the dialog search over the internet.