CAD Forums > Vertically Challenged

Microvellum Help

(1/2) > >>

Shinyhead:
Well this is going to be interesting.
It looks like I will be taking the dive into microvellum for one of our clients who uses it.  They are losing the guy they have running the software and it appears as though we are going to start doing the engineering all the way from shop drawing to cnc machine code.  :-o
 Oh, and we are going to be doing it remotely.  :lol:

Any MV users in here I can lean on?   I have a feeling I am going to be seeking a bit of advice here and there.

Greg B:
You did check out the website right?

http://www.microvellum.com/

Huh...looks like a 3rd party app for AutoCAD.

Shinyhead:
Yeah, been there already and am somewhat familiar with the product.  Its just a spreadsheet that links with autocad to do psuedo-parametrics and 2d/3d drawings, but it is a nasty bugger in how it takes control of everything in autocad (tons of regapps go along with this software) and makes it interesting to use.   
Besides, if I have to I will hang there and ask questions, but this is my preferred "cad" home.  8-)

Birdy:
It wont work with LT, will it?
Or are ya on full now?

One suggestion: Insist that they provide you with their Library.  Otherwise, multiply your bid by ~10.

It's Alive!:

--- Quote from: Shinyhead on October 29, 2008, 11:43:16 AM ---engineering all the way from shop drawing to cnc machine code.  :-o

--- End quote ---

Pretty much standard practice these days.

--- Quote from: Shinyhead on October 29, 2008, 11:43:16 AM ---Any MV users in here I can lean on?   I have a feeling I am going to be seeking a bit of advice here and there. 

--- End quote ---

I have a couple of friends that use it on a regular bases, I might be able to hook you up with. You might have a look here too http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/forums/cad.pl

From what I hear, it takes about a year or so to get proficient with MV. I’m a long time pattern systems user myself which is equally complex
You should probably get formal training with MV if you have never used it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version