Author Topic: Point selection  (Read 922 times)

milanp

• Newt
Point selection
« on: July 26, 2022, 03:43:50 PM »
Does anyone have a solution for the following: select all points that are not connected by an entity (line, polyline, 3d polyline, circle, block...). I searched the forum and didn't find anything similar. Thanks

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Point selection
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 05:44:57 PM »
It depends what you mean by 'connected' - is a point considered 'connected' if it lies on a polyline segment, or must it coincide with a polyline vertex? Is a point 'connected' if it is positioned at the center of a circle, even though it is not touching the circle?

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 10:36:05 PM »
Could it be as simple as do a little (ssget "CP" crossing polygon by making a multi sided very small shape around every point if something is found then ignore. You can use polygon and get vertice points or just make a list of vertice points, I make a minimum of 4 normally a little square.

A man who never made a mistake never made anything

milanp

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 02:29:19 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

Select points that have the same coordinates (2d) such as: the beginning and end of the line, each vertex of the polyline, the base point of the block, the center of the circle... that's what I would get if I exported the coordinates to Excel and looked for duplicates, but it's too much work.

I posted an example: that would be points 5 and 6

Thanks again

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 10:35:43 AM »

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

milanp

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 05:09:11 PM »