Author Topic: How to create a Dimension on plan XZ or YZ ?  (Read 7276 times)

James Cannon

Re: How to create a Dimension on plan XZ or YZ ?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »
With all due respect, on this forum that's akin to asking a skier "why bother skiing down a hill when there's a perfectly good gondola?". :)

I understand that notion, but reading through here, I couldn't tell if this was a programming of passion, or a programming of necessity, and figured I'd make sure that "d'oh" moment of "forest for the trees" was deliberately passed, and not just an oversight.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
Often it's a passion that sports a side effect of fulfilling an actual requirement, present or future. :)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.com • http://cadanalyst.slack.com • http://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »
This may be a dumb question, but why can't you just change your UCS dynamically and avoid the overhead of programmatic solutions altogether?

I think it’s because the points are in WCS, does that make sense?

bikelink

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 12:41:39 PM »
I have tried to make a dimension with ucs aligned without take a right object..
maybe 'cause i haven't really understood the elevation property.
In docs autodesk talks about dimension with all WCS points and also Dimlinepoint in WCS...
so I thought give at the object 2 points (start - end ) and the third for the dimline. I've aligned the ucs at my line..but the dimension was offset from it..
I appreciated very much the help, and I usally don't look for the code ready , i try instead to understood my mistakes.
And probably i've been used a gondola instead of ski. (maybe 'cause Venice is really close from here.)