Author Topic: ( 2008 ) CUI, shortcut menus and partial cui's  (Read 3951 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
( 2008 ) CUI, shortcut menus and partial cui's
« on: June 01, 2007, 09:44:31 AM »
I was hoping that a shortcut menu in a partial cui would take precedence over the shortcut menu of the main cui file but that doesn't appear to be the situation. Does anyone know how without deleting the shortcut menu from the main cui file?

thanks
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Re: ( 2008 ) CUI, shortcut menus and partial cui's
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
I was messing around with that yesterday (trying to get C3D, ADT, ABS & LDT up and running) and it appears as if we're SOL.  :-(

Kate M

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »
I think the first-loaded CUI controls everything except keyboard shortcuts and temporary overrides (and maybe double-clicks).

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 02:25:12 PM »
I think the first-loaded CUI controls everything except keyboard shortcuts and temporary overrides (and maybe double-clicks).

Correct according to Robert Bell's Handout at AU titled "Organization of the CUI"
I am tried to find the link but interrupted and had to do some work.  :x  Imagine that
I will try to find it.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »

If that is the case then they need to remove the ability to add them to the partial cui's. :-)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 03:05:31 PM »

If that is the case then they need to remove the ability to add them to the partial cui's. :-)

Word up to that!

sinc

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 08:28:46 PM »

That isn't really possible.  The whole concept of "Partial CUI" is based around usage.  A CUI isn't in and of itself a "Partial CUI", that term only refers to how it is being used.  Any CUI can be used as a Main CUI, or it can be linked into another as a Partial, and you can flip back and forth between two user profiles that use the same CUI in different ways.

Hangman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »
I was hoping that a shortcut menu in a partial cui would take precedence over the shortcut menu of the main cui file but that doesn't appear to be the situation. Does anyone know how without deleting the shortcut menu from the main cui file?

thanks

I don't know that it's the main cui that takes precedence, unless you're having the ACAD.cui as the main.   I have the ACAD.cui as a partial under the Enterprise and it still takes precedence over any other shortcut menu I have.  very annoying.  Here's a post of what I did to make my shortcuts work.  It may not be JUST what you're looking for, but it may be a start.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=15141.msg197137#msg197137
Hangman  8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drafting Board, Mechanical Arm, KOH-I-NOOR 0.7mm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 12:34:58 AM »
You must make CUSTOM.CUI your main .cui , all other .cui's are partial (and on our network also enterprise).
This way you can copy everything with the highest priority to the main-menu (users can make modifications and the other .CUI's are protected).
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
as recommended my many people i have my custom.cui as the main, acad and express as partial and company cui loaded as enterprise. I put all of my stuff in custom.cui. I have even sripped down a few of the acad toolbars and put them in my custom cui. The standard toolbar I use only has new, open, save, print, publish, match properties, editor. I have done this to dimensions and layers as well. If I ever need the full menu I can open the one from acad.cui. It just eliminates alot of garbage i don't use.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 07:06:13 PM »
you know i thought this was working fine but noticed something happening today. i have my acad loaded as a partial and custom as my main. I deleted any conflicting shortcuts from the acad cui just to avoid any conflicts then saved it. At some point I needed to reload my acad and the shortcuts were back and were overriding my shortcuts in the main cui?