Author Topic: Topology Framework  (Read 5811 times)

The_Saint

Topology Framework
« on: November 08, 2010, 06:13:42 AM »
Dear sirs , this is my first post .
I m trying to use the topology.dll into my vb express 2010 or vs 2008 that i have installed on my computer but when i load topology.dll vs or vb.net doesnt seem to recognise the dll ... any suggestions ?
I downloaded the dll from http://code.google.com/p/tf-net/ but when i put it in my referenses i get this yellow sign with the suggestion to built it :(

Another question is also ... i have made a polygon topology and would like to extract the outer polygon of the topology in order to put it in sql server ... what would be the correct way to extract the coordinates of the "perimetrical polygon" of the topology points ? The topology i created is a disolve topology so it has only one polygon which is the outer polygon

Thx in advance for reading my post

kaefer

Re: Topology Framework
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:00:12 AM »
Dear sirs , this is my first post .
I m trying to use the topology.dll into my vb express 2010 or vs 2008 that i have installed on my computer but when i load topology.dll vs or vb.net doesnt seem to recognise the dll ... any suggestions ?
Dear Mr Saint,

it seems that we're out of luck here. I'll hazard a guess that this is because Topology.dll was built against Target Framework v2.0, but the current (since when?) AutoCAD libraries require v3.5.

Let us know if you were successful rebuilding the lib or otherwise integrating its functionality. BTW, it seems that there is a reference to the QuickGraph libraries in it somewhere, http://quickgraph.codeplex.com/, and like that above, as of release 3.3.51106.0 there's no support for .NET2.0 any more.

Cheers, Thorsten

MaksimS

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 05:07:16 AM »
it seems that we're out of luck here. I'll hazard a guess that this is because Topology.dll was built against Target Framework v2.0, but the current (since when?) AutoCAD libraries require v3.5.

Underlying .NET version should not really matter... unless you're coding against .NET 1.1. I think The Sint is experiencing some other difficulties here (yellow exclamation sign over the Topology.dll reference in VS). What does VS report in Errors List pane?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic

The_Saint

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 05:08:45 AM »
Thx for your reply  ... i ll look through it ... the problem is that there is no SOURCE code to build a new topology.dll  :cry:

The_Saint

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
Maksim this is exactly my problem ... (yellow exclamation sign over the Topology.dll reference in VS) is happening to me ... the report says that it can't find the dll .

STRANGE THING !!! I loaded the topology.dll in my references today once more and it worked fine ....
I really dont see why ... but thx for your time guys. Hopefully i ll find the solution to the topology outer polygon matter soon :)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:29:57 AM »
Sorry if this does not pertain, just did a quick look
I am sure you looked at 2 here http://code.google.com/p/tf-net/issues/list

*****Edit*****
Sorry that is MAP

kaefer

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »

Underlying .NET version should not really matter... unless you're coding against .NET 1.1. I think The Sint is experiencing some other difficulties here (yellow exclamation sign over the Topology.dll reference in VS). What does VS report in Errors List pane?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic
Hi Maksim,

of course, you're right. I've successfully built against 3.5 but am stumbling over a FileNotFoundException of the assembly binder. Tried to circumvent it by static linking to no avail, and figured just out how to enable Fusion's logging. The error message says:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "Topology, Version=1.0.8.24721, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0907d8af90186095" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
and the log files say
Topology, Version=1.0.8.24721, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.HTM -> Success
Topology, Version=1.0.8.24721, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0907d8af90186095.HTM -> Error hr = 0x80070002

I keep trying!

Thanks for your patience,
Thorsten

kaefer

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 06:50:14 AM »
Ok, my problem is localized to the FSharp compiler... (Oh no!)

The equivalent C# runs without trouble, just in case someone else wants to play.

Thanks to all!

MaksimS

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
OK, in case you stumble onto problems with AutoCAD provider (TF.NET was built against R17, if I recall correcly) you should rebuild from source against ACAD R18 managed binaries.
The issue is described here: http://code.google.com/p/tf-net/issues/detail?id=1

The Saint, the source code is available at: http://code.google.com/p/tf-net/source/checkout but you need a SVN client to access it.
Please read Google's guide: http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html beforehand.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic

kaefer

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »
OK, in case you stumble onto problems with AutoCAD provider (TF.NET was built against R17, if I recall correcly) you should rebuild from source against ACAD R18 managed binaries.
The issue is described here: http://code.google.com/p/tf-net/issues/detail?id=1

Thanks, Maksim, for the cool library, and the help!

The framework compat issue obviously cuts both ways. For the dependencies a quick google showed http://avatechsupport.blogspot.com/2009/10/textless-ribbons.html, combined with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_Studio, gives:

Release.NET FrameworkVisual Studio
AutoCAD 200516.11.1.NET 2003
AutoCAD 200616.21.1 SP 1.NET 2003
AutoCAD 200717.02.02005
AutoCAD 200817.12.02005
AutoCAD 200917.23.02005
AutoCAD 201018.03.52008
AutoCAD 201118.13.52008

On the other hand, I don't think that it's that bad. Between 17.2 and 18.0 there are no relevant differences; that may extend, as you said, back to 17.0.

Regards, Thorsten

The_Saint

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 07:03:43 PM »
Now that it works with vb2010 and vs2008 I have another issue ... i don't see how to convert autodesk.gis.map.topology.polygon object to topology.geometry object :( ... even with  dwgreader i cant find a way

I m happy TF got alive again ... it seems very very promissing!!!

MaksimS

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 04:35:58 AM »
Now that it works with vb2010 and vs2008 I have another issue ... i don't see how to convert autodesk.gis.map.topology.polygon object to topology.geometry object :( ... even with  dwgreader i cant find a way

I m happy TF got alive again ... it seems very very promissing!!!

I suggest you take a look at the Topology.IO classes and see how I did it for "standard" AutoCAD entities (or MapGuide types). The namespace you've been referring to (Autodesk.GIS.Map.Topology) is simply yet another set of geometric classes, and converting them to platform-neutral TF.NET geometries should be more or less straightforward job.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic

The_Saint

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »
I think it's a little harder with the topology.polygon object since it doesnt actually return an entity in the drawing. The only entity associated with it is the centroid of the topology. I ve tried to ctype from polygon to poliline,3d,2d,and mpolygon but the conversion is not accepted. Even the function topologymodel.getfulledges doesnt return any values. The only thing that seems hopefull is the boundary - ring of the topology but there i get HALFEDGES and i dont know how to manipulate them.

I think i m stucked here.
Thx for the attention you ve give to my thred anyway

kaefer

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 05:15:09 AM »
Re issues with F#...

After reading up on Strong Names I'm now of the opinion that there were no problems with the compilation of the code referencing the Topology Framework. Neither .NET Framework version nor dependence on specific AutoCAD Release contributed to my failure. I'm now suspecting the behaviour of the F# assemby binder only. To recap, after netloading my fsc-compiled assembly into AutoCAD there was a binding failure with "Topology, Version=1.0.8.24721, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0907d8af90186095". The equivalent C# assembly references "Topology, Version=1.0.8.24721, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" instead, and this binds, as expected, without trouble.

It might well be that we're in undefined territory here, since (excuse my German) Topology.dll is signed allright, but has no strong name:
>sn -v Topology.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework-Dienstprogramm für starke Namen
Version 3.5.30729.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Topology.dll ist eine Assembly mit verzögerter Signierung oder Testsignierung.

>sn -T Topology.dll

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework-Dienstprogramm für starke Namen
Version 3.5.30729.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Das Token in der Assembly konnte nicht gelesen werden -- Die Assembly "Topology.
dll" hat nicht den erforderlichen starken Namen..

Regards, Thorsten