CAD Forums > CAD General

Attributes in block, but not showing in Block editor

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rob...:
Have you tired "BATTMAN", yet? I'm thinking that the text style that is assigned to the attributes might have a zero hieght.

jonesy:
Yes I have. When I finally purged out the only other block in there, the text was still there. I could double click to edit the attributes, BUT, if I did the battman, it tells me the drawing contains no attributed blocks.

Maybe its just me, but it has me stumped for now.

Chuck Gabriel:
It looks like the block was redefined with no attributes after it had already been inserted with attributes.  The current block definition contains no attributes.  I don't think you are going to have any choice but to recreate the block.

Sometimes people do the strangest things to their drawings.

Josh Nieman:
Building on Chuck's thoughts... what happens when you run a ATTSYNC on the block?  That'll kind of reconfirm his assessment.

hudster:
the block appears to reference itself, when you edit the title sheet (Block A$C6BCF6960), the attributes are contained in it as a block and are also called A$C6BCF6960, so you can't edit them as they are already checked out for editing.

if you edit the block in place, erase everything except the attributes, then explode the attributes, the title sheet re-appears.

Do you know Which CAD system was used to make the block?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version