CAD Forums > CAD General

Attributes in block, but not showing in Block editor

<< < (3/4) > >>

Keith™:
Tracey, the attributes in this title block were evidently added after the block was created. Unfortunately unless you have a program to add them back to the block reference, you won't be able to have the attributes available for insertion into a new drawing.

Of course you can always download my attribute utility that will allow you to rename the tags for that particular block instance.

get Modatt here
Simply cycle through the attribute definitions select the "global" check box for the attribute name then click the "global" button. It will change all of the names for all block insertions of that name in the drawing.

jonesy:

--- Quote from: Josh Nieman on April 11, 2008, 10:20:08 AM ---Building on Chuck's thoughts... what happens when you run a ATTSYNC on the block?  That'll kind of reconfirm his assessment.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Josh, I've tried that this morning and it came back with no editable attributes. So I ended up recreating the block.

jonesy:

--- Quote from: Andy Hudson on April 11, 2008, 10:54:04 AM ---the block appears to reference itself, when you edit the title sheet (Block A$C6BCF6960), the attributes are contained in it as a block and are also called A$C6BCF6960, so you can't edit them as they are already checked out for editing.

if you edit the block in place, erase everything except the attributes, then explode the attributes, the title sheet re-appears.

Do you know Which CAD system was used to make the block?

--- End quote ---
Thanks for your reply Andy. I finally got the title block to work! I havent a clue which cad system was used. This is just a very small part in the job I am setting up at the moment... but on Friday it really was testing my patience

jonesy:

--- Quote from: Keith™ on April 11, 2008, 11:19:46 AM ---Tracey, the attributes in this title block were evidently added after the block was created. Unfortunately unless you have a program to add them back to the block reference, you won't be able to have the attributes available for insertion into a new drawing.

Of course you can always download my attribute utility that will allow you to rename the tags for that particular block instance.

get Modatt here
Simply cycle through the attribute definitions select the "global" check box for the attribute name then click the "global" button. It will change all of the names for all block insertions of that name in the drawing.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for looking into this for me Keith, in the end I went with recreating the block, that way I know how it goes together :)

Kate M:

--- Quote from: Keith™ on April 11, 2008, 11:19:46 AM ---Tracey, the attributes in this title block were evidently added after the block was created. Unfortunately unless you have a program to add them back to the block reference, you won't be able to have the attributes available for insertion into a new drawing.
--- End quote ---
ATTSYNC?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version