Author Topic: pacman game posted in zippy share  (Read 10042 times)

RAIN CODE

pacman game posted in zippy share
« on: August 09, 2012, 04:11:15 AM »
hi guys,

I cant upload the game files to swamp. It seems to have problem loading here.  so I upload to zippyshare and the link is

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/47025716/file.html

forget about the files attachment found below this post. its not complete.

;---------------------------------------- one important thing --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the sound files contained 2 mp3 files. I converted it the last minute but I have forgotten to change the lisp file. You have to manually change it otherwise there will be no sound when the (star wars music) story opening starts
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The zip file is big because of a lot of wav files. Please check files for viruses before running the game. Read the dwg files for where to put the files and how to play the game

to Lee Mac, forget about the deal I message you. I put the link of your web site to the game anyway, even if you dont check the game grammar for me  :lol: it will show the link to your web site after the game is completed.

Thanks guys for helping me solve the lisp problem when I was writing the game. If there is any bugs please let me know or any suggestion to the game is welcome.

ehhh...one more thing, can anyone do me a favor, if anyone who have fraps or any video recording software and could record this gameplay please upload to youtube. thanks

My next project will be a poker game. One with an option to peek the cards.

enjoy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:24:57 PM by RAIN CODE »

HasanCAD

• Swamp Rat
Re: pacman game posted in zippy share
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:53:33 AM »
Try to upload a version without sound files.

kruuger

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »
hi RAIN CODE,

i try pacman on virtual machine. works very well :) i recorded two gif's.
as you can see i'm not able to play because of game speed.

i guess that you put unbelievable effort to wrote the game but probably not to many people will be able to play (including me).
maybe next time you can start new topic where you can share you game progress.
for sure many of us will help to "transfer" your code to run on latest autocad version.

really nice work,
good luck
kruuger

KewlToyZ

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
Awesome!!

RAIN CODE

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 10:51:16 PM »
hi RAIN CODE,

i guess that you put unbelievable effort to wrote the game but probably not to many people will be able to play (including me).
for sure many of us will help to "transfer" your code to run on latest autocad version.

really nice work,
good luck
kruuger

Thanks kruuger,

Glad you like the game. How did you put animation to this post ? What is virtual machine ?
 do you mean you can't play the game because of game speed that you have a very fast PC ?

I think after autocad version 2008 the Grread somehow won't work for games. I am wondering until what version can play the game ??

Maybe v2002 to v2006 might work.

RAIN CODE

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
Try to upload a version without sound files.

I dont understand...why do you want a version w/o sound files ??

kruuger

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:10:30 AM »
hi RAIN CODE,

really nice work,
good luck
kruuger

Thanks kruuger,

Glad you like the game. How did you put animation to this post ? What is virtual machine ?
 do you mean you can't play the game because of game speed that you have a very fast PC ?

I think after autocad version 2008 the Grread somehow won't work for games. I am wondering until what version can play the game ??

Maybe v2002 to v2006 might work.
animation is made in Camtasia studio.
Virtual PC -> http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-virtual-machine.htm
can't play because my virtual pc is to slow (graphic is slower then on real computer)
(arxload "C:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD 2002\\geom3d.arx") - with this path only guys with 2002 will be able to run the game.
you need some function to system/autocad version checking.
kruuger

RAIN CODE

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:52:34 AM »

[/quote]
can't play because my virtual pc is to slow (graphic is slower then on real computer)
(arxload "C:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD 2002\\geom3d.arx") - with this path only guys with 2002 will be able to run the game.
kruuger
[/quote]

Why do you use virtual PC as it is slow. Oh.. is it the arxload isn't found in more latest version of autocad ?

this arxload is for rotating the word 'ready' before game start. If it causes error loading then you could omit it.
It won't change the game, just no 3d rotating the word 'ready'.

if your PC is a fast PC and find it hard to play the game, during gameplay you can press F8 key to change the game speed factor.
Did you manage to play until level 10, the teleport floor level - its fun.

Tried the game on v2008 but the screen turned white, even the Troy game by Terry Miller I run it on v2008 with same result.
I think the grread in latest autocad (maybe v2008 onwards) can't use grread for game anymore.

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 07:22:36 AM »
I can't unpack your archive attached in first post... Maybe there are more than one but I can't see them... :cry:

M.R.
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

kruuger

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 07:34:36 AM »

kruuger

Why do you use virtual PC as it is slow. Oh.. is it the arxload isn't found in more latest version of autocad ?

this arxload is for rotating the word 'ready' before game start. If it causes error loading then you could omit it.

if your PC is a fast PC and find it hard to play the game, during gameplay you can press F8 key to change the game speed factor.

Tried the game on v2008 but the screen turned white, even the Troy game by Terry Miller I run it on v2008 with same result.
I think the grread in latest autocad (maybe v2008 onwards) can't use grread for game anymore.
i try this on Virtual PC because there are too many error's when trying to start on latest autocad.
i'm making some adjustments to your code. i will see if i can run this on my 2012.
troy works perfect on my 2010, 2012

kruuger

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
I can't unpack your archive attached in first post... Maybe there are more than one but I can't see them... :cry:

M.R.
for sure there are missing files. Marko try download from link at first post.

after corrections this is what i got:
- all four folders (GamePath, image, path data, sound | copy PlaySound.dvb also to sound folder) needs to be under autocad support path
- add global variable at top of the file *PlaySound* to control sound
  nil=disable sound,
  T=enable sound (need to install VBA -> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12715668&linkID=9240618). i try with T but no luck.
- set INSUNITSDEFSOURCE variable to 4 (milimeter) to insert block correctly
- from autocad 2010 IMAGEFRAME is no more ON/OFF but 0/1/2 so i wrote small function (included in code):
Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. (defun ImageFrame (Switch)
  2.   (if (<= 18.0 (read (substr (getvar "acadver") 1 4)))
  3.     (setvar "imageframe" Switch)
  4.     (if (zerop Switch)
  5.       (command "imageframe" "off")
  6.       (command "imageframe" "on")
  7.     )
  8.   )
  9. )
- no more fixed path E:\\pacman... if all folders mentioned above are under support path all should be ok

start PPZ and enjoy intro :) move mouse all the time!

RAIN CODE i try start the game but error appers:
  1. Requires an integer between 0 and 2.
  2. error: Function cancelled
  3. Enter new value for IMAGEFRAME <0>:
i thought that ImageFrame function should fixed this. I even delete all IMAGEFRAME reference and still the same error.
do know what can cause this error?
k.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:07:51 PM by kruuger »

RAIN CODE

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »

M.R.
download from zippyshare. its more complete. read the first post at the top.

RAIN CODE

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »

kruuger

i try this on Virtual PC because there are too many error's when trying to start on latest autocad.
i'm making some adjustments to your code. i will see if i can run this on my 2012.
troy works perfect on my 2010, 2012

Why not try on v2002. Its works perfectly with no grread compatibility problem. Try download from piratebay. Last night I try to revised the game to run on v2008 but I gave up after many compatibility grread problem

RAIN CODE

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »

M.R.
for sure there are missing files. Marko try download from link at first post.

after corrections this is what i got:
- all four folders (GamePath, image, path data, sound | copy PlaySound.dvb also to sound folder) needs to be under autocad support path
- add global variable at top of the file *PlaySound* to control sound
  nil=disable sound,
  T=enable sound (need to install VBA -> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12715668&linkID=9240618). i try with T but no luck.
- set INSUNITSDEFSOURCE variable to 4 (milimeter) to insert block correctly
- from autocad 2010 IMAGEFRAME is no more ON/OFF but 0/1/2 so i wrote small function (included in code):
  1. (defun ImageFrame (Switch)
  2.   (if (<= 18.0 (read (substr (getvar "acadver") 1 4)))
  3.     (setvar "imageframe" Switch)
  4.     (if (zerop Switch)
  5.       (command "imageframe" "off")
  6.       (command "imageframe" "on")
  7.     )
  8.   )
  9. )
- no more fixed path E:\\pacman... if all folders mentioned above are under support path all should be ok

start PPZ and enjoy intro :) move mouse all the time!

RAIN CODE i try start the game but error appers:
  1. Requires an integer between 0 and 2.
  2. error: Function cancelled
  3. Enter new value for IMAGEFRAME <0>:
i thought that ImageFrame function should fixed this. I even delete all IMAGEFRAME reference and still the same error.
do know what can cause this error?
k.

guys, the first post attachment is not complete. Ignore it as I was trying to upload to theswamp and have problem then later I upload to zippyshare

I will delete the attachment as it is taking bandwidth too

< edit->kdub: comment remove . contrary to TheSwamp's posting policy >
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:43:18 PM by Kerry »

RAIN CODE

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 04:09:26 AM »
Pacman Gameplay with smooth framerate using banicam (this bandicam is better than fraps)
uploaded to youtube. (straight to the gameplay level,  skipping opening story)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A3jeDVcrIs&feature=youtu.be

Adjusted Lisp variables for faster pc, download Lisp attachment from theswamp below

download the remaining wav/image files at zippyshare (because files size is big)
http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/85737329/file.html

< piratebay reference link removed  >

edit->kdub link removed. - contrary to theSwamp posting policy.
( strike 2)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:32:26 PM by Kerry »