Author Topic: wierd problem w/lines  (Read 1929 times)

t-bear

wierd problem w/lines
« on: February 06, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »
Just ran into this and I'm stumped.  I have a drawing with a vertical cylinder in it and try to start a line at the base of the cylinder....it snaps off in space.  I then  try to snap to the top of the cylinder...it snaps to the same start point...off in space! There is another cylinder in the middle of this one...like a plug.  When I snap to it....same darned place.  If I change USC to top, left, right etc..., the start location changes, but it's never where I WANT it.  Now this is just on my station and it just started....in the middle of a drawing.  It's ACAD specific....does it in all drawings....and only on my machine!  Anyone ever run into something like this?  It has to be a setting that got set/unset....but I haven't a clue.  HallllP!  I can't even draw a darned line!   :pissed: :realmad: :pissed: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm headad for the house.  This is the topper for a long frustrating day......see y'all tomorrow!

(unless I decide to commit ritual Sipuku......)

t-bear

Re: wierd problem w/lines
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
Yep....that's what I was afraid of...... :cry:

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 12:31:38 AM »
Cmon t-bear, give it up and post the dwg

t-bear

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 08:31:50 AM »
Bryco.....that won't help, cuz it's not the dwg.  it's my ACAD.  Everything works fine on other stations.....
Let me see if I can post some screen-shots......gimme a few.......

t-bear

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »
OK....here are some screen shots.....
Shot 1....in plan view, I have drawn lines from the inlet and outlet of the filter:

In shot 2, I go to iso view and the lines, which should be radiating from the inlet/outlet flanges, are all in the same plane:

Shot 3 is a front view.  This shows the lines about 1/3 up the cylinder:

I know that this has to be an internal setting, relative (i think) to the Z axis, I'm just too stupid to figure out WHICH setting has changed!  :ugly:  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks gang.....................

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »
No ideas here. Since you are using snaps elevation doesn't change anything.
Maybe your graphics card.

Kate M

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:47:20 PM »
I'm not sure what version you're using, but...OSNAPZ?

t-bear

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 01:37:39 PM »
I'm not sure what version you're using, but...OSNAPZ?

2K4 here Kate, and it "doesn't compute"....  Darn!  Thanks though....all suggestions welcome.
Contacted the re-seller....their only tech support guy is teaching a class....out of touch.....sigh!

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »
Some type of layer search?  So it only snaps to entities on a select layer?

M-dub

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 01:59:38 PM »
This is a shot in the dark, but might be worth a try.

Save a backup copy of your profile and get someone else to do the same (from a workstation that isn't affected by this) and try importing their profile.  Just to see if it works...  Like I said, it's a shot in the dark.

t-bear

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »
Well I thank you all for the help and suggestions.  :love:  Unfortunatly, none worked.  I found that this was affecting four drawings....so far.  Everything else I open seems to be OK. 
It's taken most of the day but I've replaced and/or redrawn the problem children.  Fortunatly, much of our stuff is an iteration of something else that's already been done, so, in the case of the posted piece, I found a unit that was close and just overwrote the darned thing, then edited the new file to match.  Took about 3 hours to do what *should have* been a half-hour job.  :roll: :ugly:
 I still have no clue what happened, but just don't have time to investigate....they want the dwgs yesterday.............. :pissed:

Thank you once again for all your help and suggestions.  This place is the best when it comes to people helping people......none better!  :kewl: :kewl:

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »
Glad I could be there for ya.  :wink: