Author Topic: Need 3D bridge that I created to be rendered...  (Read 7873 times)

crzybob02

Need 3D bridge that I created to be rendered...
« on: April 17, 2008, 06:03:11 PM »
Hellooooo everyone! :P

I made a 3D bridge in autocad but now I need it rendered.  I've tried to do it myself but it ends up looking stupid and I cant get it to look realistic or anywhere close.  Anyone out there think they could possibly take a stab at it for me?  It would help me out a TON!

Thanks guys!

(attached is the 3D model and also the 2D sketch)  :lol:

WARNING! ACAD Educational Version Drawings
Download at your own risk.
These files have the ability to infect your other ACAD Drawings

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:11:12 PM by CAB »

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Need 3D bridge that I created to be rendered...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
post the dwg and Im sure somebody will give it a try

BTW, welcome to the swamp
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Josh Nieman

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:20:01 AM »
I'll give it a whirl on my lunch break if you wish.

I'll send the .dwg when I'm done, so you can just set your own view and hit 'render'.  Or I can set up some named views you can restore and render easily.

I can also type out exactly what I did, as far as attaching materials, changing 'rpref' settings, lightingunits, etc etc etc.

Bob

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 04:30:27 AM »
When rendering, always consider the lighting - its the best way to make things look realistic.

look at http://www.cadtutor.net/acad/acad2ki/sun/sun.html Its old but still relevant

crzybob02

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »
(I attached the bridge to the original post)

Right now I'm trying to learn how to do 3D modeling in autocad/viz, which I'm getting the hang of slowly, but when it comes to rendering and applying materials/lighting I'm completely lost!

Having said that, the bridge isnt done yet so if you have any suggestions as to how I should make it better by adding things or taking away things feel free to let me know.

Thanks again for your help and time!

About the bridge...
When rendering, it doesnt have to be the same color as the layer that its on, its just like that to help tell the difference between the different parts/sections of the bridge.  I just want it to look like a somewhat realistic metal surface and the towers to look like huge chunks of carved stone. And by huge i mean like 5'x10' blocks, give or take. Eventually I might try and redo the towers so that they are built up out of a whole bunch of individual blocks stacked up, but for now they are just one solid smooth piece.  The road is suppose to be 4 lanes total.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:28:20 PM by crzybob02 »

SDETERS

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »
I would like to post that these files are made with an Educational version of Autocad.

It is just how the educational plot stamp can be manifested once one gets this drawing into there system.

Thanks

crzybob02

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »
Yeah, they were made with the educational version I have at home.  I've used them at work and haven't had any problems with the educational plot config screwing anything up. It will just print ' Autodesk Educational Version' on the border. So no worries about it messing up your professional version.

crzybob02

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »
Hmmmm.... well like I said, I use it all the time here at work and have never had that problem.  From what I was reading it seems that the reason the educational version border would spread into your other files is if you import an educational version file/block into an existing file on your system.  If you just open up the file and use it as is it works fine.  I really dont know, but that has been my experience so far.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »
Yup.  It's just the unaware user that thinks "I could use that tree block in my rendering" and then accidently causes themselves lotsa trouble.

Just gotta throw a shout out so that doesn't happen. :-)

Antisthenes

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »
do you have an example of the level quality you are looking for?

do you like the unbias or bias renders ?

Brazil Vray Maxwell Accurender/Flamingo
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:45:56 PM by Antisthenes »

daron

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »
crzybob02? Do I read you right? You're using an edu version at home for work purposes? Why don't you just get the disks, load them up at home and port the license back and forth?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 06:13:39 PM »
WARNING! ACAD Educational Version Drawings
Download at your own risk.
These files have the ability to infect your other ACAD Drawings

Caution should be observed when dealing with these files.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

crzybob02

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »
crzybob02? Do I read you right? You're using an edu version at home for work purposes? Why don't you just get the disks, load them up at home and port the license back and forth?

Nah, I have the educational version at home for my own personal use/school.  But I do bring my own stuff to work sometimes and work on it whenever we have some down time. :P

crzybob02

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »
do you have an example of the level quality you are looking for?

do you like the unbias or bias renders ?

Brazil Vray Maxwell Accurender/Flamingo

To be honest with you I have no idea what is what. 

The quality I'm looking for is somewhat like these, maybe better if possible. :P