Author Topic: upgrade from 2005 to 2008.... aghh!  (Read 2281 times)

uncoolperson

upgrade from 2005 to 2008.... aghh!
« on: September 18, 2007, 12:07:28 PM »
anyone mind if i just keep all my questions in one place?

first one,
Code: [Select]
(AND (= (GETVAR "cmdactive") 0) (SSGET "I")) no longer does what it used to (part of a double click reactor)... i can't get it to get the implied selection set like it used to, any ideas?

uncoolperson

Re: upgrade from 2005 to 2008.... aghh!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 12:39:30 PM »
figured it out (i think).... i'm sure i'll run into more blocks [ACDBBLOCKREFERENCE  :lmao:]

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 12:50:19 PM »
Why don't you post the solutions so others can learn from your experience?  I don't have '08 on any machines any more, so I won't be able to help, but will watch and learn.  :-)
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

uncoolperson

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:31:13 AM »
i was using the lisp double click reactor that can be found just about everywhere here, the problem was the cui now has control of the double click behavior and things were getting screwy between the two, i removed the double click behavior in the cui for a few things i want to handle in lisp and it seems to be working(ish)

uncoolperson

Re: upgrade from 2005 to 2008.... aghh! (problem #2)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 05:58:41 PM »
what's up with my ssget

used to be with a (ssget point '((0 . "LINE"))) i could get all lines that went through 'point' (if i recall correctly... can't check that statement for correctness at the moment). i could get the lines that went through a point, even if there were blocks dropped above them.

now it wont even get a line if there is a block on top of it, i either have to remove the block or send the line to front in the drawing order. since when did this matter? or am i doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 01:26:58 PM by uncoolperson »

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 06:16:15 PM »
In '06, (ssget point) only selected one object.  If you use (ssget ":e") it will select all objects within the selection box, but I don't see how to select by a point and the :e option.
Tim

uncoolperson

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 11:42:50 AM »
yeah, typing/editing/thinking mistake on my part...

i'm stuck on the pick point not grabbing a line because it's 'behind' another object, a problem i didn't have in 2005.

uncoolperson

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 01:26:40 PM »
for that i went the 'cheater' way and i'm creating a small crossing box at the point so i can get the line now when there happens to be a block lying on top of it.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:38:14 PM »
for that i went the 'cheater' way and i'm creating a small crossing box at the point so i can get the line now when there happens to be a block lying on top of it.
Just make sure the point (and all points of the crossing box) are on screen, or you will not get the desired results.
Tim

uncoolperson

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 01:53:39 PM »
Just make sure the point (and all points of the crossing box) are on screen, or you will not get the desired results.

it's smaller than the grid snap is set to (snap on always with out drawings), and the point is generated off a little user input (and some magical zooming goes on), so it would take some doing to screw it up (i hope)...