Author Topic: working with 2005 VIZ with civil or arch.  (Read 1589 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
working with 2005 VIZ with civil or arch.
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:17:27 PM »
How hard is it to create 3d working drawings of sites and buildings. using the civil or arch viz?

does anyone have any quick learning tutorals on how you must draft to get it to come through to viz correctly?any help would be great!

thanks!
Civil3D 2020

PDJ

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 03:33:35 PM »
If you're using the Civil or architectural add-ons for AutoCad, they're pretty much creating working 3D drawings as it is.  Now, if you're using Viz to render your work from those packages, you're in for some growing pains.  Several years back I taught myself to use 3D Studio Viz 3.0 before it was overrun.. umm, purchased by AutoDesk and to tell you the truth, I'd rather have to learn AutoCad all over again.. TWICE before I tried learning Viz again.  

But, once you figure it out, it makes some suhweet pictures.  

First thing they teach you at Viz school, never do flyby's or walk-thrus... I wish I had known that one before I did a 2 minute walk-thru that took 84 hours to process on a then top of the line computer.

Viz is a tough one, I gotta admit..  Really hard to justify the amount of hours it takes to make something pretty for the client to see.

Just my 2 cents...

hendie

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 05:18:40 AM »
but a picture is worth a thousand words... especially when you are dealing with clients who cannot visualise a finished product from purely production drawings ! (some people can do it and some people will just never be able to do it)

I used to design trains and Max/Viz was an incredible tool when it came to selling the product to the client