Author Topic: C3D 2008 - Grading Left Side?  (Read 1431 times)

surveyor_randy

C3D 2008 - Grading Left Side?
« on: March 24, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »
I am doing some construction staking from some plans created in C3D.  Everytime I load this drawing, it says: "Grading left side" and takes forever to load the drawing up.  Is there any way to prevent this?  After it has graded the drawing once, I don't see why it does it everytime I open it.

Thanks all!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: C3D 2008 - Grading Left Side?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
Perhaps remove the Grading Feature that is grading the left side, after one has that particular solution in hand?

Also let this serve as a warning; should one alter a surface that grading objects are (or were) targeting in such a manner that the grading then fails, saves, and closes the file. Open next open the grading will attempt to re-target that surface and then next thing you will see is a FATAL error message.  I know because I did this to a surface about two weeks back. The new smaller boundary worked just fine, right up until I reopened the file. Then it crashed because, I had modified the targeted surface boundary, and the Grading Features could not find the surface they previously targeted.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

surveyor_randy

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 07:46:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply Michael.  Interestingly enough, if I access this file from the Vault Explorer, I don't get this issue BUT if I use the project explorer from within C3D, HANG CITY!  weird....

surveyor_randy

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 08:20:16 AM »
Actually, I spoke too soon.  If I try to open the grading file in Vault Explorer, it grades the left side forever, but if I use the project explorer in C3D, it grades normally and opens up.  I could have sworn it was the opposite yesterday.  Yet another C3D anomaly.