Author Topic: Crashes on 2009 and win 7 64 bit from any vlx  (Read 1811 times)

jmaeding

• Bull Frog
  • I'm just here for the Shelties.
Crashes on 2009 and win 7 64 bit from any vlx
« on: March 09, 2012, 04:59:22 PM »
My office is on C3D 2009, and about 1/2 of the machines are win 7 64 bit. We see crashes on the win 7 machines upon opening the third or fourth drawing. Its a stack overflow error, and the close dialog shows.

I troubleshot this and found that you can replicate the problem by opening several large drawings, then loading any .vlx and running a command in it. I made a test vlx that has one command that just princ's a message to the command line. This is a major defect, as we use compiled lisp extensively.

Can anyone see if they can replicate this?
I attached a vlx, it just has one function which is:
(defun C:TEST  ()
  (princ "\nTest Ran")
  (princ)
)

Open three large drawings, load the vlx and type TEST. You should see the error.
James Maeding

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Crashes on 2009 and win 7 64 bit from any vlx
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »
Hi James,
2009? Really? Wow, I still have it installed for testing purposes but I can't imagine using it for production any longer.

At any rate, I loaded 3, then 4, then 5, then 6 drawings and loaded/ran the Text.vlx in each one. No crashes at all. I used some of the tutorial drawings since I no longer have any of my drawings that are usable in 2009.

Do you have all service packs installed?

Tested on Win7 Pro, x64, SP1 w/ C3D2009 no service pack

TheMaster

Re: Crashes on 2009 and win 7 64 bit from any vlx
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:53:02 AM »
My office is on C3D 2009, and about 1/2 of the machines are win 7 64 bit. We see crashes on the win 7 machines upon opening the third or fourth drawing. Its a stack overflow error, and the close dialog shows.

I troubleshot this and found that you can replicate the problem by opening several large drawings, then loading any .vlx and running a command in it. I made a test vlx that has one command that just princ's a message to the command line. This is a major defect, as we use compiled lisp extensively.

Can anyone see if they can replicate this?
I attached a vlx, it just has one function which is:
(defun C:TEST  ()
  (princ "\nTest Ran")
  (princ)
)

Open three large drawings, load the vlx and type TEST. You should see the error.

No error here.

How much additional custom LISP code (compiled or not) is being loaded
in the installation where this happens?

Have you tried disabling all of it and loading just the test LISP code?