Author Topic: plotstyle.ctb "problem"  (Read 19317 times)

Notsober

Re: plotstyle.ctb "problem"
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2008, 11:37:42 AM »
Make sure you save any customized files you have such as acad.pgp, .mns, etc. vefore they reinstall it.

don't worry, i've got all my custom menu files on my flash drive.

M-dub

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2008, 11:38:09 AM »
Yes.  Maybe you want to steer clear of that option...  Would you be able to scan the results of your print and one of the other prints and post them?

Notsober

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2008, 11:40:58 AM »
Yes.  Maybe you want to steer clear of that option...  Would you be able to scan the results of your print and one of the other prints and post them?

maybe... just a minute.

scanner is at front office.

Notsober

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2008, 11:50:14 AM »
notice how the text is darker on the "top" document.

if you can make it out, the band clamp around the pipe on my (the "bottom" document) is also too light.

M-dub

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »
I would say everything on the top scan is too light, in comparison to the bottom one, that is...

You're saying there's a mix?  Some parts are too dark and some other parts are too light?

Notsober

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2008, 11:58:51 AM »
I would say everything on the top scan is too light, in comparison to the bottom one, that is...

You're saying there's a mix?  Some parts are too dark and some other parts are too light?

no, in general, MY plots are coming out too light.

The others are coming out too dark.

I think it's MY machine that's the "good" one, the other three are coming out too dark, cuz then you can't make out flanges on the steel, until it gets plotted out on a big plot (34x22 for example).

My engineer though, continues to insist that it's MY machine that's screwed up.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »
When I had trouble like this once I was printing to a black and white printer, but I was trying to print in color, so the printer was trying to print with color so all the lines were coming out lighter.  I think it had something to do with gray scale, but I can't remember now as this problem happened almost 10 years ago.  I will look to see if I can find what I'm thinking of in my current set up, but you might be able to find it before I do.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Notsober

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2008, 12:03:34 PM »
but I have to still give them the satisfaction of at least "trying" reinstalling ACAD just to say that they did that.

crazy.

Notsober

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »
i personally think it has something to do with the plotter driver... on MY machine. Cuz if I can plot a good plot going thru someone else's computer, then that's the tale-tell sign... or no?

M-dub

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »
I hope for your sake that reinstalling doesn't fix the issue, but I fear it might.

M-dub

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »
if I can plot a good plot going thru someone else's computer, then that's the tale-tell sign... or no?

What do you mean?  "Thru"?  Remote Desktop, etc.?

Notsober

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2008, 12:25:25 PM »
if I can plot a good plot going thru someone else's computer, then that's the tale-tell sign... or no?

What do you mean?  "Thru"?  Remote Desktop, etc.?

control panel>printers and faxes>add printer>a network printer attached to another computer> in other words... a shared printer, and just so happens to be the printer I plot to. It works fine that way, meaning - it plots out the way the engineer wants it to.

but this is just a "work around" and only works when that computer is on and logged onto the network.

M-dub

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »
So, is this a network printer or is it a local printer, connected to this person's computer?  If it's the latter, that machine would have to be on for anyone to print.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »
I have everyone using a mapped drive to the same files including the same networked Profile.arg

In my enterprise mnl I call a few items as well:
Code: [Select]
;==========================================================================================================================================
(command "XLOADCTL" 2) ; Creates XREF copies to lock instead of locking people out of the XREF files themselves.
(command "TEXTFILL" 1)
(command "MIRRTEXT" 0)
(command "PDMODE" 1)
(command "OLEQUALITY" 0) ; Sets OLE object (like Excel Files) to print monochrome
(command "rememberfolders" 1) ; Sets the previous folder to open with each dialog
(command "coords" 2)
(command "ACADLSPASDOC" 1)
(command "PUBLISHCOLLATE" 0)
(command "PUBLISHALLSHEETS" 0)
(command "pickstyle" 0)
(command "savetime" 15)
(command "sigwarn" 0)
(command "imageframe" 2)
(command "VISRETAIN" 1)
(command "ATTDIA" 1)
(command "SDI" 0)
(command "FILEDIA" 1)
(command "CMDDIA" 1)
(COMMAND "REGENAUTO" "ON")
(command "recoverymode" 0)
(command "drawingrecoveryhide")
(command "PROXYNOTICE" 0) ; disables proxy graphics warning notice
(command "STANDARDSVIOLATION" 0) ; disables standards warning notice
(command "PLQUIET" 1) ; disables PLOT/PUBLISH warning notices
(command "BACKGROUNDPLOT" 0) ; 2 for publish in background or 3 background PLOT/PUBLISH warning notices
(command "DXEVAL" 8) ; ALWAYS UPDATES LINKED REFERENCES
(command "BINDTYPE" 1)
(command "PROXYGRAPHICS" 1)
;==========================================================================================================================================
(prompt "\nDialog Control Variables set!!")

;==========================================================================================================================================Control Line Scaling
(command "PSLTSCALE" 0)
(command "MSLTSCALE" 0)
(prompt "\nMSpace & PSpace LTScale Varaibles set to 0!! Defaults to LTSCALE settings now!")

;==========================================================================================================================================Layer Control Handling
(setvar "LAYEREVAL" 0) ; turns off XREF layer warning controls
(setvar "LAYERNOTIFY" 0) ; turns off unreconciled layer warning controls
(setvar "LAYLOCKFADECTL" 0) ; adjusts layer locked fade controls
(prompt "\nLayer Handling variables set!!")

Check to make sure your using ctb and not stb plotting in your interface by default?
command: convertctb

Notsober

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2008, 01:09:08 PM »
So, is this a network printer or is it a local printer, connected to this person's computer?  If it's the latter, that machine would have to be on for anyone to print.

network printer = everyone can print to it. plus I can print directly(locally) to it too. It's actually right in my office cubicle  :lmao: