Author Topic: plotstyle.ctb "problem"  (Read 19293 times)

Notsober

Re: plotstyle.ctb "problem"
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »
okay, i specified where to look for c_s_a.ctb on the server.

still have the same problem though, unless I plot thru someone else's machine over the network.

my plots are plotting "lighter", and evidently the engineer doesn't like this. He likes my lines to be harder on the eyes.

M-dub

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »
Honestly, what you're describing is that you're plotting with like a "0" lineweight or something very small.  It sounds like everyone else is plotting with either a heavier lineweight or using object lineweight.

Do a search on your machine and a "good" machine in the root of C:\ for *.ctb and see if there are any others.

CaddmannQ

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2008, 11:07:35 AM »
OK, sorry, I did now take the time to read all 5 pages (I'm gonna be so late for work  :roll: )

Looks like pathing is not the problem.

Is it possible that your advanced plotter settings are over-riding some setting of the printer (like "poster mode" or something) and that this is not being done on the other machines?

It seems that it works OK if you plot through another machine which means you're actually using the driver installed on that other machine as well as the CTB there, right?

M-dub

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »
I know I've experienced strange goings on if I set up a print (change settings on the plot dialog box) and then do a Full Preview, then right click and hit Exit rather than hitting Plot.  When I click Exit, it goes back to the plot dialog box but I lose all of the settings I just changed prior to viewing the full preview.  Might this come into play for you?

Notsober

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »
OK, sorry, I did now take the time to read all 5 pages (I'm gonna be so late for work  :roll: )

Looks like pathing is not the problem.

Is it possible that your advanced plotter settings are over-riding some setting of the printer (like "poster mode" or something) and that this is not being done on the other machines?

It seems that it works OK if you plot through another machine which means you're actually using the driver installed on that other machine as well as the CTB there, right?

this would seem to be the case.

but i don't know where to start, cuz everything that I look at between all 4 machines, everything (all the settings) are the same  :|

Notsober

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2008, 11:14:31 AM »
I know I've experienced strange goings on if I set up a print (change settings on the plot dialog box) and then do a Full Preview, then right click and hit Exit rather than hitting Plot.  When I click Exit, it goes back to the plot dialog box but I lose all of the settings I just changed prior to viewing the full preview.  Might this come into play for you?

no this isn't the problem... i know exactly what you're talking about.

and hey, I'm not necessarily a noob with all of this, just most some of it! LoL.

M-dub

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »
No one's saying you're a noob...

This issue has got all of us pretty puzzled, hence the 6 pages of replies.

Notsober

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »
Honestly, what you're describing is that you're plotting with like a "0" lineweight or something very small.  It sounds like everyone else is plotting with either a heavier lineweight or using object lineweight.

Do a search on your machine and a "good" machine in the root of C:\ for *.ctb and see if there are any others.

there is only C_S_A.ctb and Piping.ctb, that's it. On local disks, there is of course acad.ctb, monochrome.ctb, and <none>.ctb but no other duplicates anywhere on the server.

so the specific ctb is exactly the same. (same mod date, same size, same pen settings, everything about the ctb is the same on each machine)

Notsober

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2008, 11:22:05 AM »
No one's saying you're a noob...

This issue has got all of us pretty puzzled, hence the 6 pages of replies.

lol. i was joking, wasn't throwing rocks man... i really appreciate everyone's suggestions and efforts...

i'm just as frustrated with it too. I think I'm more frustrated with the engineer here though.

M-dub

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »
Did you say you had all tried printing to a PDF? with the same (undesired) results?

I don't mean all of you printing a PDF... I mean printing TO a PDF.  Or to any other printer?

Notsober

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »
i honestly don't think it matters. I really don't care if I get this resolved or not. I'm just tired of him naggin me to get it fixed. I spent the last 3 days trying different things. And he's getting mad. He's starting to offend me by all this. I don't know how many more times I have to tell him he's just gonna have to let it go.

Guess I'll let "IT" re-install acad just to waste some time... it might fix it, then again, might not.

Notsober

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »
Did you say you had all tried printing to a PDF? with the same (undesired) results?

I don't mean all of you printing a PDF... I mean printing TO a PDF.  Or to any other printer?

what exactly do you mean by printing TO a PDF? You mean Printer Done F****ed up?

yes, same results printing to a different printer...

M-dub

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
Make sure you save any customized files you have such as acad.pgp, .mns, etc. vefore they reinstall it.

M-dub

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2008, 11:31:37 AM »

what exactly do you mean by printing TO a PDF? You mean Printer Done F****ed up?

Just mean 'creating' a pdf from acad, using Acrobat distiller, CutePDF, PrimoPDF, etc... If it's the same result as when you print to a printer, it might help us to see the result.

Notsober

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2008, 11:34:26 AM »

Just mean 'creating' a pdf from acad, using Acrobat distiller, CutePDF, PrimoPDF, etc... If it's the same result as when you print to a printer, it might help us to see the result.

i don't know how to plot to a pdf.

i've seen the option on machines #1 and #2. Is there something to install to gain that ability?