Author Topic: Debug/step through code in forms?  (Read 2057 times)

GILESP

• Newt
Debug/step through code in forms?
« on: July 24, 2013, 04:55:09 AM »
I've got some code (in a form) that populates the form (or is supposed to). however I cannot debug in the usual way by stepping through the form code.

I can step through the other code, but not any code in the form. Any breakpoints I set, are ignored, (though they're displayed as though they'll be hit).  Do I have something set up wrong, or is it not something I can do with VS2010 express?

Edit:  I do get a page/tab come up inthe IDE saying "No Source Available" "No symbols are loaded for any call stack frame. The source code cannot be displayed." This is when I break before the form loads, and step into it. I guess it's something related, but not sure what.  The code I'm trying to debug is in the form load event, so should fire automatically (as it does).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:01:12 AM by GILESP »
..END OF LINE..

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Debug/step through code in forms?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:06:23 AM »
It might help to add this location:

http://symbols.autodesk.com

to the Symbols File Locations.

The "No source available" is indeed a common message. When installing AutoCAD 2013 and VS 2010 debugging was really hard, after installing AutoCAD 2014 and .NET 4.5 I am able to debug again (but not always).
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

GILESP

• Newt
..END OF LINE..

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:37:06 AM »
Yes, that way you are also able to debug but it is really slooooow. And if you also use your AutoCAD for production then it is very hard to switch and restart all the time.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

GILESP

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 06:46:51 AM »
Thankfully my production CAD is done on another OS (I've had to dual boot between win7x64 and XP32 just to allow me to debug on the fly).

The fiber thing is definitely a hassle though.
..END OF LINE..

mohnston

• Bull Frog
  • CAD Programmer
It's amazing what you can do when you don't know what you can't do.
CAD Programming Solutions