Author Topic: Begin command without pressing ENTER or SPACE BAR  (Read 7806 times)

hendie

Re: Begin command without pressing ENTER or SPACE BAR
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 03:33:05 AM »
What if you only had to press L and AutoCAD would automatically fire up the line command?

I had to work with a program that did that. A piece of crap called RADAN
I had to use ot for 2 years and it was the worst piece of software ever written, up there with Lotus Notes, Siebel & JDE
L for line, P for Point, E for endpoint etc etc
You could use the mouse for input or you could use the keyboard for input, but you couldn't switch between the two in mid command. It was either or, nothing else.

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 09:03:16 AM »
I just had a funny thought.

You know how noisy computers are on tv, with all of their "beeps" and "bloops" and other digital 'sounds'?  Every time someone's doing ANYTHING on a computer, you can hear a beep every time they touch the screen or press a key.  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch CSI sometime...)

... never mind... don't know where that came from...

I used to have a program that had a "typewriter.wav" associated with the keystrokes.  Everytime you pressed a key you'd hear *click*.  I think I might write a VBA app for AutoCAD to do that.

*click*  *click*    *click*           *click**click**click**click*     *click**click*                   *click*        *click*                 *click*          *click*                            *click**click**click**click*      *click* *click* *click*        *click* *click* *click*

:-D

hermanm

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 10:27:21 AM »
1. You can intercept the keyboard using (grread). (I wrote an AutoLISP RPN calculator that does that)
but it introduces challenges related to running OSNAPs, among others.

2. You can build or buy a program which intercepts the keyboard using other technology:

Example: http://www.command-digital.com/autohook.htm

3. You can buy an auxiliary programmable keypad device:

http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys.php

4. You can use a pointing device with multiple programmable buttons:

http://www.gtcocalcomp.com/tablets.htm

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »
I'm thinking they can suck it up and press the flippin' ENTER key!!  Lazy freakin' people!!

M-dub

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
Well, what is their thumb busy doing?  While their fingers are busy typing in the command, their thumb should be able to hit the spacebar pretty handily.

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »
Well, what is their thumb busy doing?

Don't ask, don't tell.   :-)