Author Topic: (ACAD General) It's a TOOLBAR MYSTERY!!  (Read 1636 times)

Josh Nieman

(ACAD General) It's a TOOLBAR MYSTERY!!
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:06:32 AM »
Seriously, what the heck... I cannot figure out what flippin' toolbar this is, ANYWHERE.

I have discovered a slight flaw in my idea to change all "Sheet Set Manager" buttons to "New Job" buttons which invokes a custom routine.  We never use Sheet Sets and so I decided to commandeer that awesome bit of real-estate next to "new" and "open" for a logically placed "New Job" setup... it made sense... it was logical... INTUITIVE even... but no

Autocad has THWARTED me once again!

(I sense a disturbance in the force)

I cannot find this mini-toolbar that seems to be the bastard child of the "Standard" toolbar.  It is only there when NO drawings are open at all, as you'll see in the attached screenshot.  It is not listed in the CUI at all.  I have modified "Standard" to be as I want it to be with the customized button.  It did not affect this mini-toolbar.  I have looked at every toolbar in the list of toolbars in the CUI editor and have not found this toolbar.  WAS IST DAS?!  I cannot find it.

Any help?

**I need to cut back on the coffee I think.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Re: (ACAD General) It's a TOOLBAR MYSTERY!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »
Not that I am some great programing yoda but I will say this anyway as a do you really want to do this.

[Yoda speak]
You should create and use own tool bar so that you will have no problems with future upgrades.  Ummmmmmm
By hacking an autocad tool bar you are not being one with the force. Ummmmmm
[/Yoda speak]

But I could be full of Yoda.   :-D
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »
Sorry, Josh, but I'm pretty sure that toolbar is hardcoded into Acad and cannot be modified.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »
Sorry, Josh, but I'm pretty sure that toolbar is hardcoded into Acad and cannot be modified.

s'what I was afraid of.  Hoping someone could correct me, but I expected that I would mainly be confirmed :\

THWARTED!

ah well.

Not that I am some great programing yoda but I will say this anyway as a do you really want to do this.

[Yoda speak]
You should create and use own tool bar so that you will have no problems with future upgrades.  Ummmmmmm
By hacking an autocad tool bar you are not being one with the force. Ummmmmm
[/Yoda speak]

But I could be full of Yoda.   :-D
Yea, this is a temporary thing, for now.  I've got it on my list to check and make sure I can export/reimport CUIs with these customizations applied.  It's also possible that Autocad, when I install the newer release, will bring all these mods WITH it during the install, but that's for me to test and find out I guess.  Maybe I have to do a whole profile... I'll figure it out.