Author Topic: Menu Stopped Working  (Read 1004 times)

Scott

• Bull Frog
Menu Stopped Working
« on: March 26, 2007, 04:42:46 AM »
Hello all!!!

I have a menu that for some reason has decided it doesn't want to work.  Here is a link to the application.

http://cadd.den.nps.gov/standards.html#NPS%20AutoCAD%20Tools

I'm using release 2000 - 2005.  However, I have tried release 2006, and both do the same thing.  They both give me this error:

_sect Unknown command "SECT".  Press F1 for help. 

When I click on the icons.  Anyone have an idea as to what is going on.  I have other add on menus that are working just fine.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  It still won't work. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Scott

Arizona

Re: Menu Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:54:03 AM »
Hi Scott,

A few questions:

Where did this menu come from?
Has it worked before and stopped working?
Can you pinpoint exactly what works and doesn't (ie... is it a specific button, command, grouping, etc...), this would help locate the missing/erroneous information in the menu file.
For acad 2000 this is a .mns file that is being loaded, and for the later version a cui file,
to fix this issue for all versions it might be easier to delete the partial cui,
edit the mns file (please back this file up for your own benefit prior to editing)
once working, bring back into newer versions as a partial cui again.

P.S. The link didn't work for me, but that could have just been my internet connection :-(

Scott

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »
The file came from the national park service, Denver service area.  It used to work just fine, but now nothing will work.  As I stated before, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it still won't work.  I am clueless when it comes to this stuff so please bear with me.   As for the link, it works on my end, so it must have been you internet connection.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »
from the bottom of one of the readme's:

"If you have questions or problems, contact:

Bruce Littlehorn
   National Park Service
   Denver Service Center
   email:  (EMAIL SHOWN IN READEME.TXT, DELETED FOR SAFETY)"

maybe try him?