CAD Forums > CAD General

Autocad Plotted PDF with transparency will not print

<< < (2/2)

ronjonp:

--- Quote from: alanjt on February 22, 2022, 04:44:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: steve.carson on February 22, 2022, 02:58:38 PM ---I've never seen that issue and we do create large maps and sometimes use hatches with transparency. Have you tried a different pc3? We (as a company) stopped using DWG to PDF.pc3 a while back. I had assumed autodesk took it away because it isn't even on our systems anymore. Could be that my cadd manager got rid of it. We use "AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3". In the past I've used PDFill for pdf printing too.

--- End quote ---
I tried that also. It prints to PDF fine, but when I try and print the PDF with Adobe, it just sits at "flattening" and if/when it finally comes out of the plotter, it only prints part of the document.

--- End quote ---
Just as a test .. try opening the PDF in a browser and then printing.

tombu:
If the option is available to you upgrading to 2023 might be worth doing.
I had drawings with GIS background images that needed to be saved as PDFs to plot in 2021.
Now they plot faster than simple drawing used to in 2023 since Multi-core Background Publishing which uses a separate core for background printing or publishing makes printing anything a snap.

They'd already added using a separate core for hatching in 2022 which was a big help as well for anyone who ever struggled modifying hatches.

idayrarecorded:
You can try a few things to fix this issue: 1. Check your plotter configuration to ensure transparency is enabled. 2. Make sure your PDF file has no transparent objects on layers that are set to not print. 3. Try printing the PDF to a raster file format (TIFF, JPEG, etc.) instead of directly to the printer. This may help to preserve the transparency in the file. 4. If all else fails, you can try converting the PDF file to a DWG file using a PDF to DWG converter. This will preserve the transparency in the file, but you will lose any vector data in the original PDF. If this will not work for you, I can recommend finding the answer on https://forgehub.net.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version