Author Topic: 2007 & Zooming  (Read 1308 times)

pmvliet

2007 & Zooming
« on: February 19, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have a file that seems really quirky or it's something in 2007 vanilla that I am not aware of. When I do a zoom extents, Autocad zooms to a specific area of the drawing. The background is a block and even if I draw a large rectangle around everything, zoom extents still zooms to the same area. isn't zoom extents suppose to take you so all entities are visible? I tried making the drawing limits bigger, but that didnt' help either...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pieter

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: 2007 & Zooming
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »
Pieter,

Excuse me for stating the obvious but make sure you are in model space. It sounds like you are zoomed into a viewport.
CAD Tech

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »
If it isn't zooming out enough .. then I have no clue .. but as far as not zooming .. it should zoom to all objects visible or not, unless the objects are on a frozen layer.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

pmvliet

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 11:18:23 AM »
I am in model space... Keith, you were right on track. There was a frozen/locked layer and now it zooms just fine. Still kind of strange, but it was in a nested layer within a block....

Things like this is why I don't like working with other peoples files as there is too much stuff to deal with...

Thanks,
Pieter