Author Topic: 2006 excel OLE in 2004  (Read 1848 times)

hmspe

• Bull Frog
2006 excel OLE in 2004
« on: December 28, 2005, 11:47:23 PM »
I have a co-consultant using 2006 Building Systems who is inserting Excel tables (mechanical equipment schedules) via drag and drop.  In Autocad 2004 I can see and print the tbles, but I can't select them by any method.  In Autocad 2006 a double click on an Excel table brings up the properties box.  I don't have Excel (WordPerfect shop for 15 years) and have no other reason to buy it.  I do have the Microsoft Excel 2003 viewer installed, and I have Open Office, which normally handles Excel files transparently.

My ulitmate goal is to be able convert the embedded Excel tables into Autocad entities (lines and text or mtext) so I don't have to re-type all the tables for my electrical drawings.

So the questions: 

1.  Is there a way to access the Excel tables from 2006 ABS in plain Autocad 2004?  All I need is to be able to export the tables asExcel files or comma delimited files -- I have no need to edit the .dwg files I receive directly.

2.  Is there a way to set Autocad, any version, to use Open Office or XLviewer in place of Excel?

The consultant has offered to send the Excel files, but I need a back-up method for times when I'm on deadline on a weekend and the other consultant isnt't available.

Any other suggestions are also appreciated.

Martin   
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman

jjs

Re: 2006 excel OLE in 2004
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »
autosxedule converts excel files to text, mtext, lines, etc. But you would need excel to use it. It may give you an idea of how to do something similar in open office tho.