CAD Forums > CAD General

wierd line thingy....

(1/2) > >>

hudster:
I have received an AutoCAD drawing, third hand from my client.

But it has a strange thing going on with some of the lines.
Most of them only have one end point, so when i'm trying to lay out the electrical equipment, i can't select endpoint on about 40% of the lines.

I've asked my client and he can't get another copy of the drawing, so I'll have to use this one.

any ideas what's causing this?

Keith™:
Are the lines indeed lines or are they rays? A ray only has one endpoint.if it is indeed a line, try listing it and see if it gives you all of the data.

hudster:
It's definitely a line.

Listed one and got this.

Select objects:
                  LINE      Layer: "A_LAYOUT"
                            Space: Model space
                   Handle = 99C0
              from point, X=  8858.57  Y= 69216.39  Z=     0.00
                to point, X=  7733.57  Y= 69216.39  Z=     0.00
          Length =  1125.00,  Angle in XY Plane =    180
                  Delta X = -1125.00, Delta Y =      0.00, Delta Z =     0.00

weird thing is, I redrew some of them, and they still only have one end point, something is screwy with this drawing.

daron:
Try wblocking out just the graphical objects in the drawing. IOW, don't type all to wblock. See if that helps in any way. If you have pspace objects, copy and paste them.

hudster:
Done that, I always wblock all drawings out to a new blank drawing, exploded all entities till all i have is lines, arcs etc then use that drawing as a base for all my layouts.

I've also tried cutting and pasting with this drawing, still no dice.

Audit is returning no errors, and when i click on one of the weird lines, it has the usual 3 grip oints, one at either end, but osnaps just don't seem to work. I can find one endpoint, no middle, other end point, not even nearest works.

Is their perhaps a variable to control the endpoint setting?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version