Author Topic: LISP Check for error  (Read 3760 times)

Craig

LISP Check for error
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:11:25 PM »
Well the problem is:
AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2002-2004 Autodesk, Inc.
; error: extra right paren on input

Does anyone know a way I can automate in finding this error without having to open every Express Tools file and run a check on it to find the offending file?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: LISP Check for error
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 03:22:23 PM »
Did you initiate an express tools command or were you using a lisp that called the express tools command.
I suspect you called the express tools command via a button or menu item which has lisp code & that lisp code is the offender.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Craig

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:05:11 PM »
I should have stated more than I did but this error appears on the startup of ACAD or when I open a new drawing, no matter what template I load.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 04:09:13 PM »
What lisp files are you loading in startup? Most likely it is one of them, that has the extra paren. Did you edit one recently? Check that one first.
I had the same problem on Monday.
I drink beer and I know things....

Craig

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »
I haven't edited any files within the last 6 months and this just started 6-7 weeks ago.

I can go through them till I find it, I was just looking for a way to automate checking these files for the offending extra paren.

Craig

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 04:29:14 PM »
I found the problem, I've got a nosey person that can barely turn on a computer messing around in my programming folders. After searching down my main load file I sorted the files by date and started at the most recent edited and lo and behold, it was the third one down. I went to the server and searched for this date in our file log and found who had opened it and made the change. Needless to say I had a talk with the VP and this co-worker about not screwing (my nice version) with ANY of my programming. Just to make sure, I changed permissions on these folders where only I would have access. Not really sure why I didn't do this before. I guess since I never had a problem I just forgot about the morons.

He stated he had gone to class to refresh himself on AutoCAD and was interested in learning LISP. He said he didn't mean to save it but did and was sorry for the problems. I told him all he had to do was tell me immedaitely after he did it so I could have corrected it. Also, if you want to learn, just ask and I'd copy him some files he could mess without screwing up my main files. Needless to say, I left him sitting in the VP's office with the door closed.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 09:01:39 PM »
^^^ Sounds familiar...
I drink beer and I know things....

Amsterdammed

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 03:53:43 AM »
Craig,
that is one of the reasons why i only have .fas files on the server were my coworkers have access to. The lisp are in my folder were only i can open them. It is also a copyright thing. We work with a lot of temporary co-worker from HR companies, i don't want them to wonder on to the next company with my files.

Bernd