Author Topic: AutoCAD 2008 features?  (Read 10017 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: AutoCAD 2008 features?
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 06:44:43 AM »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2007, 08:19:32 PM »
and definitively ..

AutoCAD 2008 Compatibility

Do AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006/2007 third-party applications work with AutoCAD 2008 32-bit?

Do AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006/2007 third-party applications work with AutoCAD 2008 64-bit?

Can I run AutoCAD 2008 side-by-side with other AutoCAD platform–based applications?

Is AutoCAD 2008 compatible with AutoCAD LT?

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2007/02/autocad_2008_co.html

///----------------------
and
System Requirements for AutoCAD 2008

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2007/02/system_requirem.html
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Glenn R

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »
It appears Wipeouts are finally getting a ridgey didge API as well......'bout time too.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2007, 10:56:32 PM »
... and in Novemer I'd just finished re-writing my balloon and multi-leader tools .. now written off to experience.

I can see the jogged dimensions getting a lot of use in a few offices.

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 01:17:07 AM »
It appears Wipeouts are finally getting a ridgey didge API as well......'bout time too.

Hehe I finally cracked how to do a boodgy woodsy sendcommand and add wipeout to blocks in 2007 and they fix it.

CADaver

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »

Hehe I finally cracked how to do a boodgy woodsy sendcommand and add wipeout to blocks in 2007 and they fix it.
wha??

Josh Nieman

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 02:21:41 PM »

wha??

from Airplane, the movie:

Randy: Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy: Oh, good.
Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady: Jive @$$ dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

hehe... just made me think of that movie when I read the post by Bryco (Falco?)

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 12:29:21 AM »
My apologies for the spelling
boojie woojie is perhaps correct.
I first heard it used by my opponent in a game of backgammon, as in he'ld yell "Boojie Woojie" while I was rolling the dice.
As he always won I took it to mean something with a little magic in it, but not necessarily good magic.
Anyway I'm looking forward to being able to code properly with wipeouts.

Dilbert

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007, 11:35:28 AM »
Its a nice release for those that are on subscription. From automatic text sizing to the ability to create breaks in dimensions without exploding them (they'll stay as one entity) I think people will be pleasantly pleased with it. I've been a beta tester for the product... its not something to get excited about, but it has a lot of nice little additions. 3D rendering in the program (for the individuals that use AutoCAD for 3D) is much better as well.

hyposmurf

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2007, 09:38:41 AM »
Have Autodesk added any bnew features to the tool palletes?What I'd love them to have soprted is the limitations of the visibility states.Like having visibilty states within visibility states.So I could have far more control over what shows and what doesnt.Does the CUI open any faster?

Dilbert

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
Have Autodesk added any bnew features to the tool palletes?What I'd love them to have soprted is the limitations of the visibility states.Like having visibilty states within visibility states.So I could have far more control over what shows and what doesnt.Does the CUI open any faster?

The Tool Palettes are basically the same, but you'll find a lot of the dialogs can now be docked on the side of the screen. As a result, many features are more at the tip of your fingers. Also the Layer pulldown can now be docked on the dashboard so it can take up less space as well.

CUI has been tweaked, but I can't vouch for opening times (I've never had it go real slow...)

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »
has anyone checked out any of these?

http://www.myfeedz.com/articles/tags/autocad%202008

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »

I've noticed that
autodesk.autocad.2008 is available on the Discussion Group

BREZI

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2007, 08:55:06 AM »
If  < when > [you] get a chance to lift your head and have a look around at what people are doing with DWF's and the improved technology recently [you] may consider changing.

nothing prophetic, just an observation.

people don't listen, my boss told me stop using dwf's for issue, cos clients can't open them, I say here's the web site, but they say IT dept won't let them load dwf viewer. argggghhhhh