Author Topic: QuickCalc Decimal Places?  (Read 1074 times)

Ken

QuickCalc Decimal Places?
« on: August 04, 2005, 11:27:52 AM »
Does anyone know how to control the number of decimal places that is generated when using the new QuickCalc calculator? This seems to be a nice tool with some new features that I want to start using, but I can't find a way to have it show calculated answers with anything less than 8 decimal places. I know that's more accurate, but it would be nice to get it to round down to 2 decimal places when that's all I need. There's probably a setting, but I haven't found it yet.

Ken

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 11:55:42 AM »
I haven't found it yet either. :)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Ken

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for looking! It's hard to believe that they would spend all the time to make the enhancements and allow you to transfer the answer to the command line and not give you any control over the decimal places. Then again, maybe I can believe it. Hopefully it's just a hidden little variable that somebody will know about!

If it's still a mystery next week, I'll post it over on the AutoDesk forum and see if somebody there has an answer.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 03:39:11 PM »
Maybe you can make a rule so you can use the cvunit function of quickcalc to round of the result to 2 digits....
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection