Author Topic: remembering Palette visual settings  (Read 1026 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
remembering Palette visual settings
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
Has anyone found an easy way to make your computer remember what the visual settings for palettes?  When I push out updates to our network for the palettes, the visual setting keeps reseting to List View.  We want it to be Icon&Text.  Im guessing its in the registry, but I haven't been able to find it.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Glenn R

Re: remembering Palette visual settings
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:42:07 AM »
From memory, if you export the profile to an .arg, then look at the very end of the file, you will see some XML - I think this is where it stores it for an individual user.
Or it might be the profile AWS...been a couple of years since I looked deeply into it.

Palettes - great idea but poor implementation, as their settings are stored in several places.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: remembering Palette visual settings
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:17:22 PM »
yea, I found it in the fixedprofile and the profile.AWS files.  I basically told my techs to reset their view the way they want it as needed
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)