Author Topic: Sorting through layers with DCL  (Read 1998 times)

entget

• Mosquito
Sorting through layers with DCL
« on: October 03, 2023, 12:21:07 PM »
So, I have a dialog with a list box of layer names - but only the first major group.
I would like to select a layer, select the 'next' button, and repopulate the list with the layers under the major group with the next minor group.
In this case, select C-ROAD, hit 'next', list would repopulate with all the C-ROAD-**** layers.

Can this be done without closing current dialog and reopening another one?

dexus

• Bull Frog
Re: Sorting through layers with DCL
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 12:59:24 PM »
Yes, you can repopulate the list with different items.
Also possible to have two lists and change the content of the second list based on the selection in the first list.
A great example can be found on Lee's website: http://www.lee-mac.com/listtiledependency.html

entget

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 01:58:22 PM »
Cool, thanks - good to know I'm not after something I can't get. ...and the LISP side already has some of Lee's code in there - lol

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 06:19:53 PM »
This topic demonstrates a very similar interface - perhaps you can glean something from the code.

entget

• Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 04:47:46 PM »
Yes! Thank you Lee - like you said, very similar. Appreciate you digging back to 2013 for me!
I'd seen a couple of examples on your website and a few other's examples here - but hadn't seen this one yet.

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 06:33:57 PM »
Just an idea in the dcl have a edit box below the list box type C and all C layers appear, keep typing C - R O A D so list shrinks with more characters added.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything