Author Topic: annotation disappearing  (Read 2024 times)

drizzt

annotation disappearing
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
Ok people, I know I am asking questions faster than I can look at the answers and respond but.....

I have a surveyor here that has multiple mviews, same scale, same area. The only difference is what he is highlighting in each different mview. He has annotation he wants to show up in both mviews, but it doesn't. We checked the layers, that is not the problem. Any ideas?

By the way, I want to thank all of you that have been helping me through this shift to Civil3D. I can't thank you people enough...

sinc

Re: annotation disappearing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »
What's an "mview"?  A Paperspace viewport?  If so, are Annotative Styles being used (e.g., when you move the cursor over the annotation, do you see a little blue three-leaf clover, as in the attached image)?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »
The issue can also be resolved by using the General Note Label style....as all C3D labels are "annotative" in nature.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »
has he taken to chopping up model space into views? 

a different approach...save named views....or get used to using the Toolspace Teleporter....also known as ZOOM TO....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »
What's an "mview"?  A Paperspace viewport?  If so, are Annotative Styles being used (e.g., when you move the cursor over the annotation, do you see a little blue three-leaf clover, as in the attached image)?

my mview is a paperspace viewport and I have multiple viewports. Yes, I do see the little blue three-leaf clover

drizzt

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »
oops, I take that back, no blue clover. I checked with other annotation objects that do show up in all mviews and they have the same style as the annotation that does not show up.

drizzt

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
I have several labels with the bearing over distance style, but only one of them doesn't show up.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »
I have several labels with the bearing over distance style, but only one of them doesn't show up.
try removing that label...and then add a new one
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »
ok, I had the surveyor remove the label and add a new one and that seems to work.

Thanks again for you help!!