Author Topic: Stock AutoCAD Icons  (Read 9278 times)

StykFacE

Re: Stock AutoCAD Icons
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »
huiz, that's great info. Changed the extension from *.CUIx to *.ZIP and voilą, all the files and icons were preset. That is really good info to have!!

Keith, we're a nationwide company, with offices all around the US, and our versions are ACAD 2011 & 2013 only. We'll see how this goes but if we have troubles I'll get back with you on this to try the DLL method.

:)

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »
DLLs have a little extra security to help prevent some of the more obvious tinkering, and I suppose its easier to write instructions to point to a single provided DLL rather than a folder with potentially a large number of icon files.  In a more enclosed environment the BMP solution tends to be a little easier, as replacing/modifying a single BMP is easier than modifying a DLL.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 02:02:31 AM »
FWIW - If you navigate to:

Autodesk Developer Network  >  Autodesk® Exchange Apps Developer Center  >  General information for app publishers  >  Icon Guidelines (<-- Direct link)

... Then you'll have access to:
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

StykFacE

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »
Thanks again RenderMan, downloaded it and went through the material. Good stuff! Glad they offered PSD files for examples. This will definitely help me in my new interface ventures.

:kewl:

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »
*Tips hat*
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."