Author Topic: Partial CUI lisp  (Read 2870 times)

hyposmurf

Partial CUI lisp
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
I cant get a start up lisp to run via a partial CUI, it only seems to run via the main CUI.Im intending to set a variable via a a centrall controlled partial CUI.Running it from the main CUI is of no use as it means the user will have to set up the lisp in the main CUI each time.Another option is to add it to the acaddoc.lsp file, but theres the same problem again,this will need to be set up by the user.Using a centrally controlled partial CUI does also requite this to be set up by the user,but adds less steps and thus less chance of error.
Is there another work around?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Partial CUI lisp
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:12:59 PM »
How are you trying to get it to run? I have 6 partial cui's loading, I created a mnl for one of them (samename.mnl) and added just 2 lines:
Code: [Select]
(princ "\nThis is a test....")
(princ)

This is the result:

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
This is a test....

HasanCAD

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 05:25:54 AM »
Find attached

hyposmurf

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 08:22:07 AM »
How are you trying to get it to run? I have 6 partial cui's loading, I created a mnl for one of them (samename.mnl) and added just 2 lines:
Code: [Select]
(princ "\nThis is a test....")
(princ)

This is the result:

This is a test....

I have loaded them same way HasanCAD has shown for each of my partial CUI files,but when I close CAD and reopen they are no longer there in the LISP files drop down for the partial CUI.I thought it might have been that maybe one of the CUI files is loaded last that hasnt been set to run the LISP.Maybe setting the LISP to run via the main CUI overides all of them and is therefore set last?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »
You could use an MNL file like Jeff suggested and point this to your lisp directory:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=15057.msg182773#msg182773

I've been loading lisp routines for year like this without a hitch.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC