Author Topic: Need help or suggestions  (Read 1783 times)

TJAM51

Need help or suggestions
« on: January 18, 2005, 08:20:22 AM »
Here is my problem....when we do as built hvac drawings (single line) we use a loop leader to attach the duct size to that specific duct section. We have a cad operator that has been with the company for some time using only an arc and text. This arc and text is a block with an attribute. He may use this on most duct callouts but then he will use a arc and dtext on others making them separate enities. I need to say at this time the company standard is a loop leader. Nothing is being done about this cad operator and nothing will. Now that is out of the way here is what I need. I need to convert the arc and dtext into a block using a quick lisp routine that will assign it a temp name. The routine needs to be able to pick the insertion point and then I need to window or cross all lines and text and presto the block is created. From here I can use a block replacement routine to window all these blocks and change them into one that has the correct leader. I realize this is reinventing the wheel but I have no choice.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Need help or suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 09:26:08 AM »
Sounds easy enough, give it a try.

Get a filtered selection set of the arc's on the appropriate layer
Get a filtered selection set of the text on the appropriate layer
Loop through the text items
_ get the insert point
_ Loop through the arcs looking for an end point within a specific distance
__ If found put the entity names in a new list & remove them from the selection set

When done do it again with a larger distance number to pick up any text
with the arc on the right side instead of the left side

Convert the new list to your blocks or directly to the leader & text

If there are any arc's or text in the selection sets, do an alert & highlight the items.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.