Author Topic: Updating Sections After Extending Corridor  (Read 3755 times)

dfarris75

Updating Sections After Extending Corridor
« on: January 08, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
I may get some flack for this question, but I've not touched C3d in a while (since my last posts) and have forgotten a good deal so sorry...

Say I have an alignment that is 5000' long. I create a corridor on that alignment that stops at 3000'. I create sample lines and sections/section views of the entire alignment (5000'). Later I modify the corridor to extend the full length of the alignment (5000'). How do I then update the sample lines/sections/section views to reflect the corridor revisions?

Fyi, I have the corridor sections in the section views as opposed to the fg surface. It does not show up in the last 2000' of sections where the corridor was extended.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:25:50 PM by rustysilo »

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Updating Sections After Extending Corridor
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
modify the sampline group properties, therein one will be able to change the range of stations being sampled....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »
The sample lines are already sampling the entire range to the end of my alignment Mike. The eg surface shows up in the sections, but after extending my corridor to the end it's not updating to show the corridor sections. Please don't tell me I'm gonna have to redo them all. I don't want to do that again.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
Providing the Update Mode for the Corridor Sections is set to Dynamic and you have rebuilt the corridor, the sectionviews should update with the new corridor sections. If not, you could remove the corridor from the Sampled sources and then add it back in. See attached pic.....

dfarris75

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
Hmm. I tried that and it did not work. I selected one of the sample lines which are not displaying to review the data in comparison with one of the ones that are displaying correctly. I notice that under the sections tab the swath widths for the broken sample line shows 0' left and right whereas the other shows widths. It appears that it isn't registering that the sample line group properties are set for 30' swath widths in each direction or something... *thinking*

dfarris75

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 09:26:23 AM »
I also notice that my corridor surface has not updated after modifying the corridor. *stumped*
I'm afraid I took too long of a break from C3d.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:25:31 AM »
breathe slowly....I'll be contacting you shortly.... ;-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:32:27 AM »
Trying. The boss needs me to get this worked out today and print it for a meeting tomorrow.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:15:12 AM »
verify that you set the end station correctly...within the corridor properties...and that the alignment(s) being targeted ARE really as long as you think they should be....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 12:33:16 PM »
verify that you set the end station correctly...within the corridor properties...
check
and that the alignment(s) being targeted ARE really as long as you think they should be....
check

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
did you modify your corridor surface boundaries to reflect the new limits along the baseline?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »
Ehm. No, however... *thinking*
1. I can't friggin remember how I set the boundary last, but it is at the daylight line.
2. Would that have anything to do with the sections not displaying since it is the corridor section as opposed to the surface?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 01:19:34 PM »
that could depend on HOW you sampled...there are two options...and one of them is far more dynamic than the other one...and I recall there being a certain issue with your version...unless I've lost more of my mind than before...

By Range of Stations...is the BAD one

From Corridor Stations is the good one
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
I deleted and recreated the sample line group and sections and still got the same result. My head is so full of cobwebs I can't even think. Any chance you'd have a quick gander at it?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 01:37:22 PM »
looking has begun....

I have seen the file and from my Monitor, it appears that everything is or has properly updated (however I opened it in R2009 as I do not seem to have a(n) 2008 version handy to test it in ATM)

and may be a version specific issues; suggested remedy Remove all the new corridor regions, rebuild, and then add them back in and verify that the section group, and views did/not update correctly on that pass.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:01:58 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell