Author Topic: Service Pack 2 for C3D posted, proceed with caution  (Read 2436 times)

jpostlewait

Service Pack 2 for C3D posted, proceed with caution
« on: September 02, 2006, 01:51:09 PM »

Dinosaur

Re: Service Pack 2 for C3D posted, proceed with caution
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »
Thanks for the update . . . I am so cautious with this thing anymore, I just LAST WEEK loaded 2007 for the first time . . . into a virtual machine at that . . . for evaluation.  My thinking is if 2008 looks like they have finally turned the corner and 2007 hasn't burned me too badly, I might use the 2007 until maybe the arrival of sp1 for 2008.

jpostlewait

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 03:01:31 PM »
SP1A actually isn't too bad.
Some pipe network issues that I think have been addressed.
Checking stuff in and out of Vault still takes too long.
And I don't know if that's the software or our Network.
Still blows up too often.

Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »
May be some issues.

Might wait until the guys in NH respond to these topics.

That SP _fixed_ issues in your office that _your_ team found and tested, and you _still_ can't just bet that the guy in the NG has some random thigns wrong with his install, or didn't read the readme, or has done any other number of stupid things that would cause issues.

No one that installed this SP2, including _your_own_people_, saw this issue...sometimes, just sometimes, people were hosed and didn't even know it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 03:29:40 PM by jwedding »

Dinosaur

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »
I don't shy away from the updates for the isolated problems here and there.  It is the BIG ones that everybody starts reporting up to a week after the install that I wait for.  If none are forthcoming after a week, I will start looking at it.  It is just lucky that everyone is not as timid as I or we would never get the all clear signal.  Now that I am testing within a virtual machine, I will be more aggressive though, especially since I can even clone a new VM from a working one and try to fry the clone.  I would have likely been using 2006 3 months earlier had I been using this method then.