Author Topic: Attributes not working  (Read 1072 times)

Luke

Attributes not working
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »
I busted my butt a few months ago creating new title blocks, dimension styles, drawing templates, etc etc.

So I created scripts that would insert title blocks at a certain scale and populate the attributes of the block.  All PC's have been working fine for months now.

This morning one of the guys isn't working properly.  When the script gets to the point where it is suppose to fillout the attributes it stops and no longer works.

Does anybody know of a variable or something that would tell it to not recognize block attributes.

It is almost like ATTDIA isn't set to 1 or 0 but set to NO, even though that is not an option. 

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: Attributes not working
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »
Is it inserting the block, and filling out the attributes at the same time?  If so, and it's not working now, check the variable AttReq.  Should be set to 1 to ask to fill out the attributes when inserting a block.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
Code: [Select]
;|
ATTDIA
Controls whether the -INSERT command uses a dialog box for attribute value entry. See "INSERT Command Line."
0        Issues prompts on the command line
1        Uses a dialog box

ATTMODE
Controls display of attributes.
0        Off: Makes all attributes invisible
1        Normal: Retains current visibility of each attribute: visible attributes are
                displayed; invisible attributes are not
2        On: Makes all attributes visible

ATTREQ
Determines whether the INSERT command uses default attribute settings during insertion of blocks.
0        Assumes the defaults for the values of all attributes
1        Turns on prompts or dialog box for attribute values, as specified by ATTDIA

TEXTEVAL
Controls the method of evaluation of text strings.
0        All responses to prompts for text strings and attribute values are taken literally
1        Text starting with an opening parenthesis [ ( ] or an exclamation mark (!) is
            evaluated as an AutoLISP expression, as for nontextual input
|;
:-)
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Luke

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:23:52 AM »
I'm not sure how or why but ATTREQ was set to 0.  Setting it back to 1 fixed it.

Thank you both of you!!!