Author Topic: Big image prints with white lines  (Read 1758 times)

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Big image prints with white lines
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:00:45 PM »
when i print images on my printer at home the images spits out vertical blank bands of lines on the image.it happens to all the images. im running 2002 map 5 and 2004 map 3d and im printing on rather old 11x17 hp injet. i havent installed drivers because windows xp accepted the printer as a plugin play. what seems to be the problem?  :ugly:

pmvliet

Re: Big image prints with white lines
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:47:36 PM »
I would check your ink cartridges...
They might be bad... can you print an image from a photo type program and have it come out ok?

is it an Deskjet 1120c?

Pieter

Scott

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:17:12 PM »
Make sure you have the most recent driver.  I had the same issue and updating the driver took care of it.  I also use Map 5 and print on a deskjet 1220.

JCAD

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:13:13 PM »
I had the same problem printing images to both a large format printer (I think it was an OCE inkjet) and to a HP Deskjet at a company I was with a couple of years ago.

The line spacing varied when we changed the print quality. I think it was a hardware problem (not enough memory or RAM or something) because I've done exactly the same thing many times either at home or with other firms.

I never found out the exact reason for it because the firm I was with was too tight to get someone else in to try and fix it!

Sorry I can't help more.

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 12:19:35 AM »
I would check your ink cartridges...
They might be bad... can you print an image from a photo type program and have it come out ok?

is it an Deskjet 1120c?

Pieter

thats right i have "Deskjet 1120c" "Professional series" damn, your pretty good.

o yea..theres another problem too..the printer queue gets stuck on spooling when i cancel a print job. im going to try to download the latest drivers. hopefully it works. i have new ink cartridges so it cant be the ink cartridge... thanks for the help guys..

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 08:58:29 AM »
Sounds like the file is pretty big if it gets stuck on spooling ... many times a plot will get huge when images are in the drawing. Most printers are not esigned to handle the data the way AutoCAD puts it out. I would suggest installing the latest drivers and plot to it using it as a system printer. This way Windows will manage the plot data and the printer will simply print as the data is sent... or it should anyway ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie