Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Finding xrefs amongst the blocks

(1/2) > >>

Hangman:
So, I was a wonder'n, is there any way of finding unwanted miscellaneous xrefs among needed xrefs and blocks inserted in a drawing?
I know the tblsearch puts xrefs and blocks into the same category, and I'm looking for a way to distinguish between xrefs and blocks so I can detach any unwanted xrefs and keep those I need.  Unfortunately, the names of the unwanted xrefs are random so I can't be specific when searching those out.

I'm also trying to find a way to detach any undefined or unreferenced images, again, the names are random with the dwg.

Any ideas ???

MP:
I don't the benefit of free time right now to yack, but here's a couple of posts to get the gearrs turning --

Post 1

Post 2

Search around the swamp, there's tons here.

Good luck.

GDF:

--- Quote from: Hangman on April 13, 2006, 12:47:41 PM ---So, I was a wonder'n, is there any way of finding unwanted miscellaneous xrefs among needed xrefs and blocks inserted in a drawing?
I know the tblsearch puts xrefs and blocks into the same category, and I'm looking for a way to distinguish between xrefs and blocks so I can detach any unwanted xrefs and keep those I need.  Unfortunately, the names of the unwanted xrefs are random so I can't be specific when searching those out.

I'm also trying to find a way to detach any undefined or unreferenced images, again, the names are random with the dwg.

Any ideas ???

--- End quote ---

This is not a standalone dialog routine, but if you want to go on a fishing trip, you can fish out what you need.

Gary

Binky:
I needed to sift the xref's out awhile back.  I used TBLNEXT to cycle through all of theblock entities.  I then tested for the presence of ASSOC code 1.  If it was there then it's an xref, if not it's a block.  Not sure how to tell between wanted and unwanted xref's but this will put them in front of you one at a time so you can evaluate them to your criteria.

(defun c:siftxref (/ entry xname xpath )
  (while
    (setq entry (tblnext "block" (not entry)))
    (if (cdr (assoc 1 entry))
      (progn
        ;;;whatever it was you wanted to do;;;
      );_end progn
    );_end if
  );_end while
(princ));_end function

I can not speak to images.  I have not messed with them at all.

Hope this helps some.

Hangman:
Binky, Thanks for the info.  That's more or less what I was looking for, ASSOC code 1.
There are times we get architects dwgs with orphaned xrefs and other miscellaneous items that we have to manually search for.  It's a nightmare.  So I'm trying to find a way I can have a lisp search and detach any orphaned and/or nested xrefs within xrefs that they have attached to the dwgs.

I've still got to go search MP's referenced posts.  Too busy to breathe at the moment.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version